+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Text or Phone Call

Op I think it depends on the outlaw you are messaging.
    My sil SMS my parents for babysitting, dinner arrangements and they find it really frustrating ... They are both technologically challenged (my dad can SMS now but can't figure out how to put spaces between words), have crappy phones, messages seem to take hours to be actually received.
    One day sil forgot about "special persons" day at school and sent my parents a message to please go ... It didn't come through till the time they were supposed to be at school (they jumped in the car).
    The weird thing is my folks are great on the phone ... You don't have to have a long conversation, just tell them what you need it takes a minute!

The other thing sil does is send them messages on fb ... They rarely check it and still can't figure out the diff between a pm, status etx. So for my nieces birthday she sent a message to everyone about dinner - my folks never got it. Or same nieces birthday ... My mum called sil to see if there is anything she would like - sil sends her a link on fb.

I've spoken to her, my brother has spoken to her but she still does it!!! So its now at the point where it is rude.

Sounds like your mil is better with technology than my folks (anyone pretty much is!!). So maybe just ask her if she prefers a call and your reasons for SMS.

Personally I love SMS for all the reasons everyone has listed above but I'm conscious of who I am using it with ... So just because the technology is available doesn't mean it's a good fit for everyone

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I text my mum. But I call DHs mum because were not as close.

Also I text to my mum "DH is going away from x to x can you sit on x, x & x" where I say to DHs mum "Hi Mil is your darling Daughter in law, are you busy, would you mind, only if you can, I'll cook you dinner, stay the night, etc etc"

Thanks
    Reviews

Way to make a mountain out of a mole hill!!!

You've done nothing wrong, your DH should rightly be in the dog house - he's made this whole situation worse!

Don't get another babysitter it would just add fuel to the fire - enjoy your night!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Oh dear MIL is on fire this week. DH just called to tell me his parents want to come over for a bbq on sunday arvo.
    No worries just invite yourself.lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    Oh dear MIL is on fire this week. DH just called to tell me his parents want to come over for a bbq on sunday arvo.
    This stuff really, really annoys me. Make sure your DH does all the catering, washing up etc..

Thanks
    Reviews

Haven't read all the replies but I don't think there is anything wrong with a text.

I would now text her again and say sorry for the quick text the other day, knew u were playing golf and didn't want to intrude with a phone call. So grateful u can help out. Give me a call when it's convenient.

Even better...just call and explain.

Sorry but some people look for reasons to be angry, hurt, hard done by. Life's too short! She sounds supremely sensitive or is looking for fault in you.

Don't let her find it. Gee whizz you must get dil of the year award if that's her biggest problem.

Mil's r weird.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: Text or Phone Call

Lol just text her to bring some food. Eg."hey, heard you were coming here for a bbq on Sunday. Do you want me to take care of the salad or the meat?" Implying they will be doing the other

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Omg dare u to text her to bring a salad!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles View Post
    Lol just text her to bring some food. Eg."hey, heard you were coming here for a bbq on Sunday. Do you want me to take care of the salad or the meat?" Implying they will be doing the other

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub
    Oh beat me to it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing wrong with asking by text! I actually prefer it as it gives me time to think about my answer. As in if someone asks over the phone if I wan to do something I will automatically say yes without thinking. So it takes some of the pressure away