+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I always text, it's less invasive and the details are recorded for future reference if they need to check dates etc... rather than call me.

From now on I think it's DHs job to organize anything with MIL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Text or Phone Call

I called MIL the other day when I asked her to babysit the kids. I felt that texting her would have been a bit impersonal and calling her would let us talk about it properly. But it was the first time in over 2 years that I've asked her, and last time she babysat we only had one child.
    If it were something she did for us often, I'd probably have just sent her a message.

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What an over-reaction. Tell DH to get over himself and to stop being such a baby. He should have told the cow she was out of line and stood up for you. Give him a kick in the bum for me will ya?

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    What an over-reaction. Tell DH to get over himself and to stop being such a baby. He should have told the cow she was out of line and stood up for you. Give him a kick in the bum for me will ya?
    Rofl I agree with GFP 100%

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes she often babysits (1-2 a month) so it wasnt out of the blue.

And she regularly texts me to ask a quick question etc. its totally thrown me as i also know she uses texts to communicate a fair bit.

DH will be left to organise any future arrangements, we wouldn't want rude old me to accidentally offend anyone again

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    Lol sure one swift kick will be waiting for him after work this evening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

MILs have a lot to answer for when they do stupid things like that. I can't stand mine I'm glad she lives OS.

You've done nothing wrong but I would be getting DH to do all communication with her from now on to avoid any confusion. And I'd be giving DH a piece of my mind.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bigZ View Post
    MILs have a lot to answer for when they do stupid things like that. I can't stand mine I'm glad she lives OS.

You've done nothing wrong but I would be getting DH to do all communication with her from now on to avoid any confusion. And I'd be giving DH a piece of my mind.
    DH has had several large pieces of my mind on the matter in the last 24hrs and im not budging on it at all.

I will now leave all communication to DH (haha)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews

So did he get a swift kick after work?

Thanks
    Reviews

MIL's seem to be weird that way I've noticed (yours, mine and a few others). My MIL won't call me to ask about babysitting, she calls DP who usually has no idea when/where I'm working, and she calls the night before to an hour before I leave for work! Of course I'd have planned something by then.

I see nothing wrong with you texting. Phone calls aren't everyone's cup of tea. I prefer to text, too.