+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Text or Phone Call

I'll probably leave the babysitting seeing as though she did agree to it - will likely think twice before asking next time though.

DH knows im super cranky with him, he's down in the paddock (we live on a farm) fixing a fence using the car headlights for light - hence i know where he is cause can see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: Text or Phone Call

For goodness sake it is a text msg not like you just dropped them off and expected her to babysit.. that would be rude!

I always text. I have an almost 3 yr old who always wants to talk on the phone as well so it is a lot quicker to text!

I hope your DP listens to your point of view. Have fun at the wedding

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

So she replied it was fine... And topped it off with a smiley face at the end?

Passive aggressive much?!

How two faced to give you that sacred emoticon when she was clearly not smiling!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelex View Post
    So she replied it was fine... And topped it off with a smiley face at the end?

Passive aggressive much?!

How two faced to give you that sacred emoticon when she was clearly not smiling!
    Lol exactly, she should have sent me a cranky face or a flick the bird

Thanks
    Reviews

If I call and she doesn't answer I will text, or if I know she's at work or at an event/out & about I will text.

No issues there, if she needs more info or has a problem she should just wb saying call me instead or call you herself.

Did she contemplate maybe u texted cus u were busy with ur kids & it was easier at the time as a text takes less concentration/time than a call??!

I would expect my partner to be seeing my side of things too and take a neutral approach to sort it out & also ask him to deal with his mother in regards to babysitting for future events...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Argh what a nightmare! I don't think your in the wrong at all! Don't blame you for being p!ssed at your DH as well as your MIL. Your MIL sounds like a bit of a cow to be all nice to you and b!tchin behind your back. I would definitely be bringing it up with her in person (just so there is no b!tching ) and I would get your DH to ask next time. If there is a next time

Thanks
    Reviews

:-o I'm the same I'd much rather text as when ever I call MIL she's always half asleep (all day!) anyway DH forces me to call her all the time but I find it annoying, with a text she can read and reply in her own time. Did you explain? Also I think your MIL sounds like she has menopause to blow up for such a silly thing... I would find someone else to babysit and text her about it... Or better call her at 6am to tell her about it! I texted my MIL at 4am after she beached about not hearing from me!! Hehehe haven't heard from her in a week!!! Sorry long rant!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh please, what an overreaction on your MIL and DH's part, you sent a politely worded text message asking if she was free to babysit How dare you? If she was that offended why say yes?
    I don't think you did anything wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews

I think if you texted and asked her to babysit for the first time ever then it may be rude to text if you know what I mean? But not if she often texts and it's normal for her to babysit

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow what an overreaction! I don't have a landline and always make a point not to call on my mobile, it gives me headaches being on the phone for too long, especially to the in laws haha

I think it's really rude and two faced of mil to text back with a smiley face and then ***** behind your back to your dh!