+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Text or Phone Call

Quote Originally Posted by veve View Post
    oh for goodness sake ...

if she didn't like being texted - she could have just sent you a text response like "can you call me so we can confirm details etc" ??? how hard is THAT?? pfft

as for your hubby ... oh man - there is NO WAY he should have gone off at you .. I'd be fighting with him too .. what a way to make you feel small ..
    As PPers have said - he could have diffused the situation really easily .. shame on him for not sticking up for you.

xx
    This

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Text or Phone Call

Thanks ladies, glad to hear im not alone in what i thought and its not my preggers hormones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Oh ffs! Mountain out of a mole hill!

Half the time peoplr dont like talking on the phone anymore and prefer texts so they can remember dates and times.

As for your DH havinga go, what the hell? Tell him to go jump!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I'd be upset if I was you too OP.

At both of them.

There was no need for all that carry on. I'd be wanting an apology from DH if that was me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Text or Phone Call

Exactly what veve said. They are both being extremely childish imo.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can you get another baby sitter? I'd be so peeved that I'd call her to discuss the matter and then advise her that because she was so upset about it you had made other arrangements (I do realise that getting another baby sitter is probably not all that easy).

I'd call her to discuss it anyway and tell her why you sent her a text. Perhaps your DH was having a bad day and exaggerated what she said. Even if he didnt exaggerate, she will surely be embarrassed that you know and have been big enough to call her directly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I think it depends on the relationship!

I'd txt MIL or my Mum as I know they would be happy with that no dramas.

But id call a friend or other family member if I needed a favour.

Generally if I'm asking for help in some way I will usually call mostly so I can gauge their reaction. Haha

I'm actually surprised it's an issue. I'd be annoyed if my DH acted like that to me!! Very rude in both of their parts.
    Last edited by waterlily; 11-09-2012 at 20:42.

Thanks
    Reviews

Unfortunantly as the wedding is for one of my cousins all my family will be attending - usual babysitters are my parents, my bro and one of my cousins.

I have one more option (DD2's godmother) but i have a feeling the date clashes with her being on holidays - going to check with her tomorrow.

Next thing i bet MIL will be whinging i don't let/ask her to mind the kids and will never consider this situation would be why!

I text, email or call my mum when i ask her - depends on the situation and if i know she's doing something ill text or email.
    Thought it was fair to do the same with MIL but nope apparently she needs special treatment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    not rude considering she is tech savvy and obviously uses it when it suits. I think your DH was rude for blowing up at you and your MIL. They could have politely asked you to call or ask in person.

I would personally ask someone else if possible to babysit, if she complains say sorry I could not call so I text someone else instead but I am a bit childish with rude people.
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 11-09-2012 at 20:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    TBH I wouldn't be getting another baby sitter - you'd be cutting your nose off to spite your face, it would cause your MIL to feel punished and I just don't think the baby sitting is the issue here. It would cause continued dramas to get another baby sitter.

Let her know you didn't mean to upset her and rip into your DH for causing such grief all around!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (11-09-2012),onkybear  (12-09-2012),Starfish30  (13-09-2012)