+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Text or Phone Call

Have had a big blow up with DH today on the above topic.

Here's the situation.
    I text messaged MIL asking if she was available to babysit for a wedding we are attending in nov.
    She texted back 'yes that'll be fine' and a smily face.
    All sounds rather innocent and ok right.

Well apparently MIL has since spoken to DH complaining about how rude it was of me to text her and i should have called her.

DH has now blown up at me telling me how rude and inconsiderate i am and if i want favours i need to be more gracious in my asking instead of my obvious rudeness.

I now quite upset about it as i did not text with the intention of upsetting anyone. I texted her because i knew she was playing golf as she does every monday so thought a text would be easier and she could reply when it was suitable for her.

She is definently not technology challenged, she has an iphone and very competently sends text, pictures and video's aswell as emails.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I have to email MIL as she never answers texts and is often busy at work/baby sitting SILs kids and never considered it rude.
    Perhaps give your MIL a call to 'properly ask her' meaning to apologise for only texting but you were aware that she was busy and only did it to convenience her

Thanks
    Reviews

II don't see the issue I always text or my mum forgets

Eta if I call she tells me to text and remind anyway

Thanks
    Reviews

Even if she does turn around and tell you to text still give her the call to sort of make sure she knows you weren't being rude? I'm only speaking to what I'd do

Thanks
    Reviews

Personally I'd call but I don't necessarily think that's rude, especially as you knew she was busy.
    I think it's very rude of her to b!tch to your DH about it afterwards and for him to react like that.
    I'd be telling him to ask his mother himself if that was his attitude.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

backgroundnoise  (11-09-2012),Ellewood  (14-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Neither. Get your DH to ask. It's his mother so he can do it next time.

I would also bring it up with her, say your DH told you this had upset her and you didn't mean to upset her. I actually find it not very nice that she has brought it up with your DH rather than you and insulting of your DH to not support you with this. He clearly had an opportunity to put the fire out when she spoke to him.

The fact that he has - blown up at you, called you rude and inconsiderate and said you need to be more gracious - tells me that he is the rude and inconsiderate person in all of this, how about a 'thanks for organising that babe!'

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Amira  (11-09-2012),danielle13  (13-09-2012),Ellewood  (14-09-2012),GlitterFarts  (11-09-2012),meljemillie  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Babyla - thats exactly how i feel right now.
    I will bring it up with her next time i see her to 'clear the air' but to be honest it makes me not want to ask her anymore if she then *****es to DH about it.
    And yep DH is in my bad books for not even attempting to see my reasons for texting which were entirely innocent

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    Babyla - thats exactly how i feel right now.
    I will bring it up with her next time i see her to 'clear the air' but to be honest it makes me not want to ask her anymore if she then *****es to DH about it.
    And yep DH is in my bad books for not even attempting to see my reasons for texting which were entirely innocent
    Yep - he's out of line I reckon. He could have avoided all this drama by doing 2 things:

1. explained to his mum that being rude was not your intention - he would know this
    2. not telling you about what his mum said as it's not productive nor helpful

By doing what he's done it causes friction which doesn't need to be there. I'd be ****ed at him for sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also - definitely get him to ask in future. I get my DH to ask my MIL. His mum, he asks.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    oh for goodness sake ...

if she didn't like being texted - she could have just sent you a text response like "can you call me so we can confirm details etc" ??? how hard is THAT?? pfft

as for your hubby ... oh man - there is NO WAY he should have gone off at you .. I'd be fighting with him too .. what a way to make you feel small ..
    As PPers have said - he could have diffused the situation really easily .. shame on him for not sticking up for you.

xx