+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Much-loathed SIL is doing our rental inspection... do I stay or go for it?

Quote Originally Posted by kochanski View Post
    I'd ask for a different agent to do the inspection due to a conflict of interest.
    This.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Much-loathed SIL is doing our rental inspection... do I stay or go for it?

Yep conflict of interest. I would be requesting another agent to do the inspection.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Much-loathed SIL is doing our rental inspection... do I stay or go for it?

I would ask for another agent as well. Surely it would be a conflict of interest!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you have someone else be there for you? That you had an appointment you couldn't change or something. Then you don't have to be there but she can't snoop too?

I'm not sure of the situation but if you asked for someone else from the agency would that just cause more tension?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd stay, or get someone else to be there while she was doing the inpection to ensure she didn't go through your belongings

Thanks
    Reviews

I'd stay so you can defend yourself if she picks on anything. And so you know she doesn't snoop!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Much-loathed SIL is doing our rental inspection... do I stay or go for it?

Stay and follow her through the house during the inspection so she doesn't do anything inappropriate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I'd stay, and when she has a "problem" with "damage" make sure she takes photos to prove it. I reckon she's just being nosey so if u leave she will have as long as she wants. She has to supply u with a copy of her report so if she claims something is broken or damaged she better take photos to prove it otherwise she can be petty and say things are bad when they are not

Thanks
    Reviews

I would stay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be staying. I would probably be paranoid that she'll snoop or do something on purpose if she's that sort of person!