+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Much-loathed SIL is doing our rental inspection... do I stay or go for it?

We've lived in this house for a few years, never had an inspection. It's owned by FIL. SIL works at the real estate agency that looks after it. It's really dumb because they do nothing for FIL, so he's paying them cash just to collect money... but anyway... SIL chucked a wobbly the other day and whinged and whined and ended up convincing FIL to start making us have rental inspections (probably so she can come up with some reason to try and boot us).

Anyway, SHE is conducting it. I hate this b*tch, but if I say, "no way in hell can she come in my home," even more sh*t will break out, and while I loathe this b*tch and never want her in my life or house, I figure it's easier to let it happen. This way she's got less leverage on trying to kick us out. (She hates me because I exist... in case newbies not familiar with this woman are wondering... not for any actual reason).

Now, my question... do I stay for it, or do I leave? One part of me wants to leave so I don't have to see the dog-faced wench and she has no chance to say anything nasty to me. Thing is, if I leave, who knows how long I have to be gone for, and if she'll stick-beak through our drawers and cupboards and such (I wouldn't put this past her), and if I'm there it might make it uncomfortable for her, and might make her go in and out quicker... and I would kind of like making her feel uncomfortable, especially since she will be acting in a professional capcity and I can complain to her work if she decides to be her usual horrid self to me, or puts a foot out of line.

So... what do I do? Stay or leave?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Much-loathed SIL is doing our rental inspection... do I stay or go for it?

I'd stay.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

HowCrazyCool  (11-09-2012),SassyMummy  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Stay

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd stay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Honestly I would contact the real estate and request another agent do the inspection as you don't think she would act in a professional capacity.

They can't force you to have someone in your house that you are not comfortable with being there!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lumpy Melon For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (11-09-2012),fairyflossfairy  (11-09-2012),LoveLivesHere  (11-09-2012),twotrunks  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I would stay, that way if she finds anything "wrong" with the state of the house you can at least defend yourself. Also I would want to be there in case she decides to go through your personal belongings.

I don't like people being in my home when I'm not there, I try to be there for every inspection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Much-loathed SIL is doing our rental inspection... do I stay or go for it?

Stay for sure!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Stay....she will probably snoop like my landlord did(my step dad's sister who had never done an inspection until I moved in) she was a control freak and used what she found against me(in draws but she claimed were hung out in plain view).

SO STAY. If she is as big a b as you say

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'd ask for a different agent to do the inspection due to a conflict of interest.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kochanski For This Useful Post:

jess1992  (11-09-2012),LoveLivesHere  (11-09-2012),twotrunks  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Stay and stick the headphones in