+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Weight loss 5mth post birth not happening

Hi ladies
    Im on here to just vent i suppose about my weight..
    Before pregnant i was around 56kg give or take never above 58kg so i gained 20kg while pregnant and 5mths later im still 65kg and can't budge it..

It makes me sad seeing other women with small babies and they are so thin with flat tummies and i used to be that but i am struggling.
    I exercise 3 or 4 times a week and 2 of those days its full on cardio and weights for an hour.. Its been 2 months of doing that and weight has not gone down. Maybe i have toned a bit but no loss.
    Ok so i admit i eat chocolate daily but i did the same when i was small and i do eat the occasional maccas but gee maybe once a week if that sometimes!

So anyone else like this? Oh and im not breast feeding stopped that a few weeks ago..

Just miss my old self and wish i would fit my old clothes and feel confident in myself again

Sorry for the long rant !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Weight loss 5mth post birth not happening

9 months to get that way.... 9 months plus to get back. I was 58 pre preg and gained 21kg. After 12 months I was back to 58 but only because I had the runs all the time (sorry if tmi lol) due to sudden lactose intolerance post birth....

Don't stress... You'll get back there :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh, plus.. I have noticed that although I got back to 58kg my pre preg pants STILL did not fit... You hips and body changes.... And weight distribution changes too. I used to be able to eat what I wanted, whenever I wanted... Not any more

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for your reply
    i suppose its disheartening to see others who are so thin now and to see my weight at a stand still. As much as im happy for the mums who have lost it all so fast and look great im so jealous and hate listening to people comment to these mums about how great they look around me. Mean maybe but just jealousy that's all..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow - this sounds so much like me! My DS is 8 months but at around 5 months I could not budge from 65 - I was 58 pre pregnancy. I decided I needed to really have a go, so used shakes to get my meal portions back - I just ate too much and was in denial. I am now 60 and am going to get back on the shake wagon to get under it. It it harder and it does feel like it just doesn't budge.

I put on over 24 kgs when pregnant and lost 9 after having DS, so I've lost about 15kgs so far.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Weight loss 5mth post birth not happening

Took me ages.. No ammount of exercise mattered! Strict strict diet, weightloss is about 80% diet and 20% exercise.

At the start of my pregnancy- 82kgs
    End of pregnancy- 115kgs
    20 months later (now) -64kgs.

It's not easy getting rid of the pregnancy weight, I never thought I would get where I am now, and I'm still trying to get down to 55kgs.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

babyla  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachell View Post
    Took me ages.. No ammount of exercise mattered! Strict strict diet, weightloss is about 80% diet and 20% exercise.

At the start of my pregnancy- 82kgs
    End of pregnancy- 115kgs
    20 months later (now) -64kgs.

It's not easy getting rid of the pregnancy weight, I never thought I would get where I am now, and I'm still trying to get down to 55kgs.
    Totally agree with this. For me it's all about what I eat.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks guys yeh i suppose i need to eat better. I thought i could eat whatever and exercise more and lose weight..
    Wow rachel how did you lose all your weight? Great job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi

i hear you BIGTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!! my weight gain is more like rachell's....and i just had my cholesterol checked..its come in at 7.7 !!!!!!!!!! (was 6.9 just b4 getting pg)..breastfeeding does sweet FA for my weight loss, ive been doing lite and easy but well i cheated on it and havent lost hardly any weight. honestly after 5 months breasfeeding nothing is really budging and unfortunetely for me i lose more weight when i stop BFing....a lot of ppl still have to follow a strict diet and exercise program to lose weight...i now have to cut out ALL naughty things given my chol level...but i needed a motivation hit. ive got to lose about 25 kgs.....its not going to fall off by its self....give me the pips when u hear celebs lost 27 kgs in like 4 months....HOW???? seriously they must STARVE themeselves????i have to live on dust and sushi to lose weight LOL............

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like you could benefit from seeing a dietician to get your diet managed and under control so you can lose the last of the weight you gained.
    No one who is trying to lose weight should be eating chocolate every day and Maccas weekly. Well actually, that's not healthy for anyone.
    Also exercise should be 4-5 times a week when trying to lose weight.
    I'm sorry it's not coming off quickly for you but I imagine that with some professional advice you will be back to your old self (well as close as you can get anyway) soon enough!