+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How do you clean your DD's bits?

Hi, sorry this is probably a stupid question!

DD will be born in 5 weeks and I am just wondering how do you clean your DD's bits in order to avoid UTI. I have heard that girls has a higher chance of getting it if not cleaned properly.

Do you use nappy wipes or just cotton pad or washers? DO you use water everytime? Do you apply nappy cream ALL over her area?

THANKS

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Hi no not a stupid question!

You wipe from front to back. So hold both feet in one hand & lift towards they're head then wipe front to back.

We used cotton balls and warm water in hospital. They poo constantly (when breast feed) and the first few poos are very tar like & sticky.

You can put cream on at every change if you wish up it's up to you.

You only put it on (& wipe) the outside of their v a g I n a. Never pull apart their lips to try and 'get all the gunk/poo'. I've heard some horror stories & their body will naturally push out what you can't get.

Hope that helps

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewTheEmu For This Useful Post:

tubster  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: How do you clean your DD's bits?

I use regular wipes. The trick is to wipe front to back. You don't need to get in there and clean iykwim. It is a self cleaning body part internally. In regards to nappy cream, I really only put it on the affected areas when needed. Don't know of that helps. When the time comes you will get used to it. Gosh I wouldn't know what to do if I had to change a boy nappy though.

Sent from my GT-S6500T using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

tubster  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Yep front to back! But don't part the lips or try and wipe the white gunky stuff from inside, as it's there to protect that area self cleans and also will get a wash when you bathe her
    Good luck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AppleIsleSMum For This Useful Post:

tubster  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used cotton balls with olive oil after cleaning with wet wipes until my dd was 1 month. Then I used calendula cream at least once a day. As long as you wipe front to back you should be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I always just used wipes on my DD's, hold the legs up and wipe downwards

Thanks
    Reviews

And in the bath I gently rub my thumb back and forth across her bits, the water will float and lingering bits of poo out

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cakeish For This Useful Post:

tubster  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Front to back wiping and I wipe in the little folds (not her labia) with either an unscented baby wipe or with a washer and some warm water.

In the bath I wipe over with a washer and swish the water around her 'bits'.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

tubster  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheEmu View Post
    You only put it on (& wipe) the outside of their v a g I n a. Never pull apart their lips to try and 'get all the gunk/poo'. I've heard some horror stories & their body will naturally push out what you can't get.

Hope that helps
    Thanks!
    So if somehow poop gets into the lip of the vigina, I should just leave it? Also with the nappy cream, is it ok to apply on the outside of the lip if needed? Wouldnt the wipe irritate the area comparing to water and cotton balls?

Sorry so many questions

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just use wipes and yep back to front! If she gets poop in her vagina I just hold her under a running tap of warm water and rinse it out.