+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default This world is a mess

I'm so scared to leave my house for the fear of someone hurting (or worse) me or DD. I'm scared everyday that my house will get robbed. That someone i love is going to have something bad happen to them. I feel so guilty for bringing a child into this Kind of world. All I want to do is love and protect her from everything. I dont want to believe all this awful stuff in the world, but so far the saying "there's more good than bad" is not proving to be true. I try to look past it, but at the end of the day I can't - everything I do and think is based on fear. I had terrible depression through my whole teenage life, and I'm worried it's coming back. I don't know what to do I can't change other people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How old is your baby? I sort of felt this way when DD was born as I had an overwhelming feeling of wanting to protect her. That said, being afraid to leave the house and feeling constantly not safe is not a usual feeling and needs attention. . You should go to the GP tomorrow and tell them how you are feeling and ask to see a psych, as these feelings can be changed and you can stop feeling so scared all the time with some help.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TinyLittleTootsies For This Useful Post:

aish  (11-09-2012),Guest1234  (11-09-2012),patsmum  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I completely agree with the last post, it is very hard to deal with feelings of depression and hopelessness alone and the good news is that there are lots of avenues for help. Make an appt tomorrow to see the gp and say out loud how you feel so you can get the ball rolling to get help and feel better. It's brave and honourable to ask for help. I've been there with depression and anxiety and with help from psychiatrist have been able to turn things around and feel like my normal self again.
    Take care, you're not alone xxoo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bekindtoyourself For This Useful Post:

aish  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It is amazing the feeling becoming a mother is. The overwhelming desire to protect a beautiful child. I have also had the guilty feelings of how could I bring children into this world.

It sounds like you could benefit from going to your GP, especially if you have suffered depression before.

A wise taxi driver once told me.. (haha true!!) after a conversation about how I never cared less about people robbing, bashing, breaking into my home etc but had started to become worried about every single thing.... His answer I didn't have anything to live for, nothing important, now I have a family every decision I make effects them and I have something to loose.

I think your feelings are valid, just don't let them take you over.(valid sounds wrong, but i cant think of the right word..)
    Last edited by patsmum; 11-09-2012 at 00:48.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to patsmum For This Useful Post:

aish  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Just wanted to add.... I'm not sure if you would like some urgent help, or even if you just want some resources to ponder check out sites like www.beyondblue.org.au or www.ruokday.com
    There are lots of links on there, from hotlines to lists of gp's that have an interest in mental health. Ive used this list before when I wanted to find a local gp who would be helpful and understanding
    xxoo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bekindtoyourself For This Useful Post:

aish  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for responses so far, I think I may need a psych visit. Haven't been for 3 years. Also, I'm already too scared to get out of my car, take 1 minute to get DD out of her seat and walk to my front door without DP coming outside, and I just found out someone was threatened with a knife three streets away, in broad daylight next to their car. Oh lord.

DD is 15 months old. DP is trying to help me but I keep snapping at him, I don't realize I'm doing it at the time

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh that's awful to hear about the nearby violence in your area but it is really good news that your DP is there to help you.
    I think it's great that you are considering going back to the psych. Like I said earlier I think it's a brave thing to do to seek help. Getting therapy and support is a gift to yourself and your families future happiness I think. Take care of yourself xxoo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bekindtoyourself For This Useful Post:

aish  (12-09-2012)