+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    At the beach
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I would really really hope that by the time my kids are old enough tell me it's not an issue anymore. When a friend of mine came out to her parents the thing they were upset about was knowing their child was going to face possible discrimination in terms of marriage etc. I really hope by the time my kids are old enough it's all ancient history.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Firstly I would just like to point out that one of the questions in the original post was, how would you feel?

We can't help our feelings. It doesn't make us horrible people etc. I truely don't understand why we can't, as human beings, support one another with our emotions. Instead of saying comments like, well thats just sad.... Or I would never feel that way about my kids....how about offering some advice on how to deal with it if it ever came up or some sort of support. We are so quick to get all judgey when realistically I'm pretty sure we all agree that people don't want to feel "sad" or "disappointed". It just happens....and its the support, help and kindness that help us battle those feelings.

Anyway, I would be so proud that they felt they could talk to me about anything. I would express my love and my shoulder to lean on and be a constant support, as I would with any of my children, in any circumstance.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How would you feel...

What would you say? Awesome! Anyone you have your eye on? I love you!!
    What would you do? Wrap my arms around them and squeeze!!

How would you feel? I would feel immensely proud that 1) my child was comfortable enough to be open and honest with me and 2) they were strong enough to live their truth.