+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How would you feel...

Quote Originally Posted by AllYouNeedIsLove View Post
    I'd be truly shocked that I hadn't picked up on it earlier, I'd really hope to have a close relationship with my children and would hate to think they had grown into a teenager before feeling comfortable talking to me about it.
    A close friend in high school had the closest relationship with his mum and still didn't want to tell her. Granted once he did in year ten she said she always knew lol. But I don't think being super close would change it as its a big thing and maybe a struggle because society frowns on it. Also young teenagers tend to keep these things to themselves until they really work out their feelings.

As a side note I had to 'come out straight' to my parents because they were convinced I was lesbian lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think my dd likes girls the way my other dd likes boys. I also believe that she is at her young age ashamed of it as she has been told it is unacceptable and only boys/girls can like each other like and mummy and daddy.

I keep telling her it is okay but someone almost weekly is saying it is not okay as she keeps brining it up when she hears or sees same sex couples randomly(usually in public).

I am hoping those against it do not preech their beliefs around young children and make them feel like they are odd. I do think it has and is happening at school with parent helpers or teachers.

I do not tell kids that are not mine it is okay as I know for what ever reasons that may not be acceptable to their beliefs nor is it my place to say it is okay despite feeling it is a non issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    It's ok
    I was kidding.
    I don't really hate the potential wives of my 3 and 8yr old...
    Normally, I wouldn't even bat an eye lid at this comment. I am extremely cranky and tired today, I know that's not good enough to be rude to someone over the internet.

I am sorry for my comment!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 3InATub For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    It's just a non-issue for me. Whether my child is attracted to men or women is in the same category as whether they're attracted to busty blondes or leggy brunettes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... would you wish your child was a different colour or religion so they wouldn't be bullied or so they could be married? Think of the laws a few decades ago that prevented interracial marriage, and imagine parents saying "I do wish our white daughter hadn't fallen in love with an Asian man... life would be so much simpler for her". Today it seems ridiculous, but it's the same sentiment I see so often applied to homosexuals.

Our gay children aren't a problem that needs to be addressed, but our society is... focus on that instead.
    I love reading what you write. You have a wonderful way of expressing yourself!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 3InATub For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (15-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD2 recently did so ... well she didn't come out, just one day in the car she decided to talk about perving on her classmates boobs. That was the difficult topic for her - she was struggling with whether or not it was okay to perve on her straight friends, and that originally she tried not to but now is thinking that there is no harm in just looking.

I didn't say much at all, because any input I have about anything is always taken really badly. I was pleased that the fact that she was attracted to girls was a non-issue, it was just whether or not it was okay to perve on her friends that was the quandry.

Thanks
    Reviews

My Mum gave me a massive hug and asked if she could tell anyone...

She's an amazing Mum xxxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Purpz For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (15-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd be happy that they were comfortable enough to tell me. I'd tell them that I was 100% fine with it cause I want them to be happy. I hope that I can raise my kids so that they don't have to come to me and say 'I'm gay', just that they could come to me and say 'I'd like you to meet my boyfriend/girlfriend'.
    Last edited by heartstringz; 15-02-2013 at 17:19.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Totally chilled about it, I'd be surprised if I didn't already "know". I'd be very "so?" About it. I hope to raise my kids to know I don't care who they love as long as that person loves them back

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Allymumtobe View Post
    Totally chilled about it, I'd be surprised if I didn't already "know". I'd be very "so?" About it. I hope to raise my kids to know I don't care who they love as long as that person loves them back
    You'd be surprised at how good young lgbti people are at hiding their sexuality lol

In a lot of cases it's not obvious at all xx

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I would say "thank you for telling me, im so proud of you for being the amazing person that you are, and in no way does who your attracted to change that"

How would i feel? Exactly as i told them, proud.. It must feel really scary to not know if the people who are meant to love you unconditionally really will depending on your sexual orientation. So to have the courage to come out would make me so happy. Id hate for my children to have turmoil over something that to me is a non issue.