+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It would be a non issue with hubby and I. I love my daughters unconditionally. I do hope things change sooner than later though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    I'd secretly be a bit excited if any of my DS's were gay. Then I wouldn't have to deal with a DIL!
    Ouch! Hope this is said tongue in cheek.

If not, I hope my daughters never have a MIL with this attitude...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How would you feel...

It would be a non issue with me as well. Being a lesbian myself, I can hardly judge my child for who they're attracted to lol
    As long as they're happy, I couldn't care less who they're with.

And I would rather have a baby in a loving relationship than a baby in a love-less relationship, regardless of the ease in how it happens.

I just wish society was more accepting, there would be no need for people to 'come out'. If I had a dollar for every time someone assumed I was straight I'd be a millionaire!
    Me: 'yeah my partner and I...'
    Other person: 'so what's he do?'
    I don't ever assume anyone to be gay or straight. And I won't do it with my kids either

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KnockKnockPenny For This Useful Post:

babyla  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    So all I mean is there's no point wishing a gay child were straight, even if it's easier for them to have kids.

You can't wish away something that's apart of them. You embrace it, and help them when they decide to try and have a baby.
    Totally!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My oldest isn't even 7 yet and we already discuss how the dynamics of relationships. Mine and DH's family are all heterosexuals so I guess my kids possibly would feel like they were a bit 'different' to the norms of our family and would probably feel like they needed to 'come out' and not just say 'oh hey, I have a girlfriend, her name is Sophie' or whatever but I do hope that they grow up knowing it's not an issue and there will be no need to be secretive about their homosexuality.
    I already say to my girls (son is too young to talk about this with him yet) that they might have a girlfriend/wife one day instead of a boyfriend/husband like I do and other things like that so they aren't growing up thinking that if they aren't attracted to boys it's 'abnormal.'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3InATub View Post
    Ouch! Hope this is said tongue in cheek.

If not, I hope my daughters never have a MIL with this attitude...

It's ok
    I was kidding.
    I don't really hate the potential wives of my 3 and 8yr old...

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (11-09-2012),AllYouNeedIsLove  (11-09-2012),Alphabetsoup  (11-09-2012),babybubbles  (11-09-2012),BlissedOut  (11-09-2012),Stiflers Mom  (11-09-2012)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It's just a non-issue for me. Whether my child is attracted to men or women is in the same category as whether they're attracted to busty blondes or leggy brunettes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... would you wish your child was a different colour or religion so they wouldn't be bullied or so they could be married? Think of the laws a few decades ago that prevented interracial marriage, and imagine parents saying "I do wish our white daughter hadn't fallen in love with an Asian man... life would be so much simpler for her". Today it seems ridiculous, but it's the same sentiment I see so often applied to homosexuals.

Our gay children aren't a problem that needs to be addressed, but our society is... focus on that instead.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

3InATub  (11-09-2012),atomicmama  (15-02-2013),fairyflossfairy  (11-09-2012),rainbow road  (11-09-2012),sweetseven  (11-09-2012),VanityFey  (15-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I'd tell them that I love her and support her and it doesn't matter to me if she loves boys or girls but as long as she loves someone who loves hr and treat her right.

As for how I'd feel, I wouldn't feel any differently towards her. I think my only concern would be how others treat her and I'd support her and fight for her. But my concern is more how that would affect her rather than anything else if you k is what I mean

Thanks
    Reviews

DS recently asked if boys could marry boys or if they had to marry girls. I told him he could marry whoever he wanted & anyone who said differently was wrong.

The only reason I would care if one of my children was gay would be the struggles they face from society. It won't change anything about who they are and my love for them is stronger than that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be truly shocked that I hadn't picked up on it earlier, I'd really hope to have a close relationship with my children and would hate to think they had grown into a teenager before feeling comfortable talking to me about it.