+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How would you feel...

I would be shocked and maybe a little disappointed however I would still love them and hope that they get a nice partner who loves them... And hopefully no stds still. Just cause you're into the same sex doesn't mean you'll be clean! D:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to backgroundnoise For This Useful Post:

kat10  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I remember when I came out and my family was very upset and weird towards me so at the time I pushed them away and felt so lonely. I turned to drinking til I was absolutely wrecked and would cut myself til I cried myself to sleep. Obviously things got better. I don't wish that experience on anybody. And as for the whole suicide thing just by looking at young people today it is very common I lost a friend last year who was only 19 and it wasn't because he was gay. I think it's more to do with bullying and feeling like the outsider and could happen to any young person because the they can't escape the torment like we used to be able to when we were young. (txting and email and social media wasn't as common as it is now)

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd say.... same as I would if they told me they had a crush on a girl...

It's fine to find people attractive, but while you're at school, your education is your focus... you can build strong friendships, but in our family, we value education and highschool is not the time to play around with strong emotions.

By all means be attracted to whoever you like, rules for boys your attracted to are the same as the rules for your brothers with girls they are attracted to. Doors stay open and you go out in groups. Growing deep friendships is the most solid foundation for any relationship, so focus on that... and your grades.

I love my kids. I think they are awesome. And I think anyone they choose to be with will be awesome. Male or female. Why limit their choice of awesome partner to 50% of the population

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would say "okay" give them a hug and carry on as normal because sexual orientation doesn't change who you are

Thanks
    Reviews

It's really positive to hear how open minded people are becoming nowadays my folks (lesbians) had such a hard time growing up, and then raising my brother and I in the 80's and 90's. it's awesome to think our kids generation will have it so much easier

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJWA For This Useful Post:

jake's mum  (11-09-2012),VanityFey  (15-02-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think this thread is nasty?

Anyway, I can tell you - while it is more difficult for us to conceive, I'd still rather face the struggle with my DP than conceive naturally in a loveless relationship with someone I'm not attracted to

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (11-09-2012),VanityFey  (15-02-2013),Witwicky  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I don't think this thread is nasty?
    Haha, it's the newbies Bubhub buzzword these days...

I would support my child 100% on any decision he makes. I hope that by the time he is older there will have been a lot of legal and moral changes that will make things much easier on gay people and lower the rates of depression and suicide. My mum is gay, so it's not a huge deal in my family. His dad is from a family of performers, so it's no biggie to them either. He would be greatly supported.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (11-09-2012)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So all I mean is there's no point wishing a gay child were straight, even if it's easier for them to have kids.

You can't wish away something that's apart of them. You embrace it, and help them when they decide to try and have a baby.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (11-09-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I'd say "hey! Me too!"

Honestly I hope I raise my kids so there is no need to come out.

That my child can casually say "hey mum, can my boyfriend/girlfriend come over for dinner?" and I can say "of course, dinner's at seven!"

The sexuality of my child won't factor in to how I feel about them, ever.
    This, minus the hey me to bit

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How would you feel...

Quote Originally Posted by Blossompossum View Post

I have 2 clients that have being waiting for a sperm donar for more than a year now and just seeing the emotional roller coaster they have been on I would hate to see one of my kids go through that and now be able to do anything about it.
    If our current society was more accepting of same sex parents the whole process would be easier.

Having a straight child does not mean you will have a higher chance OR easier time having babies

Sent from my T-Hub2 using BubHub
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 11-09-2012 at 15:15.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast