+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would support them in any way I could. I love my child unconditionally. I'd rather them come and tell me anything than keep it bottled up and worrying about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would tell them I loved them and was happy for them.

I really don't care as to the sexual preference of my children, so it wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default How would you feel...

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post

Honestly I hope I raise my kids so there is no need to come out.

That my child can casually say "hey mum, can my boyfriend/girlfriend come over for dinner?" and I can say "of course, dinner's at seven!"

The sexuality of my child won't factor in to how I feel about them, ever.
    This ^^

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd smile and say "about time you said it aloud", and give him a big hug.

Id also say that your still a teenager and my house rules still apply. Bedroom door always open when boyfriend around, give the safe sex lecture and tell him that if I don't like his boyfriend, it's not because I don't like you being gay, it's because I know you are worth more and can do better.

Then I'd give him another big hug

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I honestly wouldn't care a bit, but I hope I already knew my child enough to know they were gay anyway. I wouldn't feel anything, just that they were my baby and the fact they would bring home the same sex wouldn't even be a blip on the radar. I would love them no matter who they love and would be supportive of any relationship they have, as long as that person treated them well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

I would be fine with it especially since talking to DP (hypothetically) about having a child with gender identity issues. It's showed me DP would probably not take issue with it so I would not be worried for our child in that way.

I guess some things would upset me. Not about them exactly but how life may end up more difficult for them than if they were straight... Like having babies, not being able to get married, people being absolute jerks, etc. i don't think anyone wants their children to find life difficult...

But really, I'd be fine with it. It wouldn't really change anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

That my child can casually say "hey mum, can my boyfriend/girlfriend come over for dinner?" and I can say "of course, dinner's at seven!"

This

I hope my kids won't feel the need to discuss their sexual preferences/ get my approval.

I think offering to throw a party would be completely inappropriate and a little creepy to be honest
    Last edited by ExcuseMyFrench; 10-09-2012 at 21:14.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews

Same as rainbowroad I will love my babies no matter what until the last breath I take then I will love them more after.

Thanks
    Reviews

You know what, I actually don't know what I'd say or how i'd react, until it happens ...

In my head I wouldn't care what his sexual orientation is and I will love him no matter what, but in my heart of hearts, sitting here thinking about the possibility, I'd probably be a bit sad, sad for what he'll be up against in society etc ...

But I will still support him and love him unconditionally ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd say "hey! Me too!"

I'd definitely hope it'd happen like this, my niece has been bringing girls home for years, then recently 'came out' to the family, everyone was like 'errr... duh, we already knew that', lol... she was relieved.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (10-09-2012)