+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: What do you think about this from a teen?

I've printed out some fact sheets on aids and Will get her to read it and discuss it with her and how it would feel to have it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to musicalmummy For This Useful Post:

Luna Lovegood  (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What do you think about this from a teen?

Its very good that you are keeping an eye on her Facebook/Internet access, and intervene when necessary. Honestly 14 is young and she's learning what is acceptable behavior, obviously she needs some steering in the right direction but you're doing the right thing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

Luna Lovegood  (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmammy View Post
    I'm not saying its right, but this is normal behavior from today's teens. So just be aware this sort of thing doesn't mean she's a bad kid. And many of her peers will be doing simular and not being punished for it.

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub
    I agree, my cousin just turned 13, his fb is full of crap from kids his age and just a bit older that frankly makes what your sd has done seem lovely! Some of these kids are great smart kids from lovely families, and frankly prob don't even understand half of the stuff they talk post about.

Its very sad but for alot of kids talking crap is the way they see to fit in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you, I wouldn't know. But that makes me so sad to think that could be true...
    I'm terrified about having teenagers if this is normal...
    I agree and I will pull my child up everytime if they were to behave like this. Wanting to fit in or not....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

It may very well be "normal" but it is not acceptable and these children should be taught that it is not right. This is how bullying gets ignored, because people excuse it as normal. At what point does it stop being normal?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

musicalmummy  (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by RunawayPrincess View Post
    It may very well be "normal" but it is not acceptable and these children should be taught that it is not right. This is how bullying gets ignored, because people excuse it as normal. At what point does it stop being normal?
    Exactly right. I will never overlook something like that. Never.

Thanks
    Reviews

With my teen, we have a rule, he is only allowed to have an account if I'm a friend, he went through the icky facebook stage at 13 but now at 15 he has grown out of it. It's unbelievable what kids write on them

Thanks
    Reviews

My kids are not going to be allowed fB, ever .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She sounds immature - just like lots of 14 year olds and doesn't realise the repercussions of her actions. She needs to be guided with this before it gets her into trouble.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i'd like to say mine won't but they (teens) are so sneaky they can make up any profile and a fake name and you would never know they had an account especially if they use it at school on friends phones etc. I would much prefer to teach her the rights and wrongs , monitor it etc.
    she's not had a "normal" up bringing , as in her mum teaching her morals etc. we put our 2 cents in when she'd come for visits but that was only EOW. so she is actually doign really well considering what she's come from