+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Heart Palpitations - 20 weeks pregnant - Normal or not?

Hello everyone,

I have been having more palpitations than i normally have when I am not pregnant. I have had these checked out prior to pregnancy a year or two ago and had a holter monitor on, nothing was found.

Now i am getting them not only daily but up to 10 times a day, and it worries me. I feel it would be a waste of time seeing my dr as he dismisses it as nothing. But to me it is something abnormal, so before I go crazy, do any of you ladies have palpitations as well?

Thanks Gurt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I've had palpitations that have been noticable since I was about 18 weeks.

I got it checked out and my Dr said that it was due to increased blood volume, making the heart work harder.

I'm 35 weeks pregnant now, still have palpitations but it hasn't affected me.

If you are worried, go see your Doctor. they can do a full assessment and reassure you

Thanks
    Reviews

Same as mumtotwins boys, my doc said the same thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Have you had your iron levels checked recently?
    I have it a few times (pregnant and not pregnant) and it was due to anemia.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have this a lot, my dr said if it goes for more than an hour at a time I need to go to emergency and get it checked. It doesn't ever go that long tho, it's kind of random and lasts a few minutes at a time

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have ok (just barely ok) iron, low b12 and D.
    I am seeing my obyn on thursday for the anomoly scan should I hit him up maybe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I asked this same (almost ) question a few weeks ago. Started getting ectopic heartbeats with great frequency from about 20 weeks. (I did get then before pregnancy but not as much)
    I can feel them about 12-15 times a day. OB keeps saying its normal. I will be asking about it more tomorrow at my 28 week check up. Though apparently its quite common, especially with low iron. Which I also have.
    I sympathise. It's VERY disconcerting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you and amen! I work with people that have heart problems and so on and stress and know the causes of palpitations, I read preggo women get them too from time to time but oh boy when I get one it's a TOTALLY different story, I can't totaly relax and chill out because it's my heart, if the thing stops beating well goodbye me! And feeling it pound and beat is so strange, it feels like it is twisting itself around in knots, but it doesn't hurt.