+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone full-time expressing breast milk for baby

I'm a full time pumper...LO was born 5 weeks early, and was latching on but not being efficient in sucking. First 5 weeks I was doing 30 min1 boob, take him off, EBM from previous feed (usually 20-30mls, I have supply issues), then 30ml formula. Sometimes we didn't need formula. But as you can imagine this was taking ages! 1 feed plus pumping would take 1.5 hours leaving me totally sleep deprived. we went to formula night feeds...And kept up the routine during the day.

Suddenly he wanted more and more...screeching for food! Well so I thought...he was diagnosed with reflux. He had put on a sudden amount of weight due to him always wanting more food to soothe his reflux. So I moved to pumping and feeding him through bottle to control how much goes in without moving to formula.

I have a pretty bad supply. I'm on motilium and herbs of gold breastfeeding support tablets. I only pump 60-75mls from both. I still pump after every feed, 15min on each. I freeze the night supply for future use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Just wanted to say how great it was to read all your stories! After 4 mths of breastfeeding my son became fussier and fussier and now refuses the breast altogether. I'm seeing an LC in the hope of getting him back to the breast but I don't know if it'll happen.

My supply dropped massively during his fussy period and I can now pump around 300ml a day which is around a third of what he drinks. So the rest is formula.

I'd love to give him 100% breastmilk. Unfortunately the rhs is pretty much out of action now as my son never really liked that side, and I struggle to get any more than 10-20ml from that side.

So I'm working to build up my supply on the lhs with the following...
    Domperidone
    Fenugreek supplements
    Pumping 6-8 times a day until it's empty

I'd really love to get to 6 mths (only about 6 wks away) but it's exhausting and I'm not sure I'll have the energy.

Any more tips to build supply/keep motivated??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you tried lactation cookies? Not only are they yummy they worked wonders for me when trying to build my supply. The recipe is on BH somewhere just search it.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have I've been munching away on them all week. Yum!