+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Washing Machines

Bosch front loader, I think it's 7kg? Has a dozen or more different wash options (which you can then tweak) and an LCD screen which tells you what options you chose and time remaining.

I love it as you can load it up and tell it you want it to finish in say 5 hours time and it will start washing later and finish in 5 hrs. Great if you want to load it up before bed so it's ready for 8am!

I did research on Choice and Productreview.com.au before buying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Washing Machines

I have a bosch front loader. It doesn't compare to my old top loader though. Clothes are never that clean, wash cycles take longer, min 40 water temp so clothes fade or get damaged quicker.
    I would stick with top loaders.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Washing Machines

Quote Originally Posted by kochanski View Post
    Bosch front loader, I think it's 7kg? Has a dozen or more different wash options (which you can then tweak) and an LCD screen which tells you what options you chose and time remaining.

I love it as you can load it up and tell it you want it to finish in say 5 hours time and it will start washing later and finish in 5 hrs. Great if you want to load it up before bed so it's ready for 8am!
    Our Ariston front loading washer/dryer does this and I agree, it is a really handy feature - and so is the dryer. Our machine is at least 5yrs old so I can't recommend it specifically but I do recommend - as PPs have too - buying from The Good Guys. They price-match anyone if they're not already the cheapest (but we did have to pay $55 to have our freestanding cooker delivered - but then they waived it as a goodwill gesture when we found out the order would be delayed).

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Blossompossum View Post
    10kg!!!! I'm jelous! So you could wash everyone's bed sheets all in 1 load?
    Yup :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SeaShanty View Post
    Our Ariston front loading washer/dryer does this and I agree, it is a really handy feature - and so is the dryer. Our machine is at least 5yrs old so I can't recommend it specifically but I do recommend - as PPs have too - buying from The Good Guys. They price-match anyone if they're not already the cheapest (but we did have to pay $55 to have our freestanding cooker delivered - but then they waived it as a goodwill gesture when we found out the order would be delayed).
    If i remember right, you cannot buy Ariston at good guys as they are only owned by harvey norman. We wete told to stay away from that brand, and the reviews were not good at all for them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Washing Machines

Quote Originally Posted by Pawzette View Post
    If i remember right, you cannot buy Ariston at good guys as they are only owned by harvey norman. We wete told to stay away from that brand, and the reviews were not good at all for them.
    Yep - true on both counts. We inherited ours and while I do like it, I'd never buy another one.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SeaShanty For This Useful Post:

Pawzette  (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gothel

Hi,
    The F & P Aquasmart is pitched as a top loader that uses as little water as a front loader.
    It doesn't get the clothes clean, and doesn't rinse away the lint, but deposits enormous amounts all over the clothes such that they often come out dirtier than when they went in.

To fix the problem, I (on the advice of the repair guy that I called in when I first bought it- I was convinced that it was busted) disabled the water saving function, switched on the fabric softener option which adds extra water to the rinse cycle, never do a full load only half to two thirds and sometimes run the load through a second time without detergent.
    And it takes me much longer to do the laundry as you can imagine.
    How much do I regret buying it?
    Should have returned it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Washing Machines

I have an Electrolux Time Saver 8kg and love it. It has heaps of functions. I only wash in cold water and the stains still come out super easy. I also like that i can set it before bed so that a load of washing is ready to hang out when you wake up. I researched washing machines on the Choice website.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Washing Machines

I have a whirlpool 9kg front loader-I love it!!!!
    It has a 30min quick wash and then out to a nearly 3 hour wash for heavily soiled cotton with a pre wash soak.
    I find it gets clothes much cleaner than my old top loader and I don't get residual powder.
    I have found my clothes are wearing better and lasting longer since switching to front loader.
    Can't recommend it enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Bumping... Was looking at the Electrolux front loaders today....... ALOT of buttons on that panel..... Not sure about it.