+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Washing Machines

This is our first time ever buying a washing machine, all others have been hand me downs, so I need everyones recommendations on what's best Front loader/Top loader and also brands and why you like it and if you know of a bargain place to buy in Brisbane i'd love to know.
    I think i'd be looking at around 8kg, I have to kids with a third on the way and we use cloth nappies so would need something gentle for these.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a 7kg Electrolux Time Saver and love it! It washes fantastically well and fits heaps in it. The only downside is the amount of time it takes but I think that is typical of front loaders. It also has a time setting function so you can load it before bed and it will turn on an hour or 2 before you get up. I use this a lot so that I am organised in the morning

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Washing Machines

I've found front loader is way better at getting stains out. More gentle too. Ours is LG and is good. Borrowed BILs before this one, think it was Bosch, which was prob better at getting stains out. Not sure on good prices at the moment tho sorry.

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If I could buy another I'd get a 10kg front loader! Our 7kg one doesn't do well washing blankets or doonas. Or more than 3 towels.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Washing Machines

I have a Bosch maxx classic it works very well, cold water standard wash is 40min it has a timer and on the high spin cycle the clothes come out nearly dry. I think from memory it was $900 or so. It's a front loader, they wash better and last longer than top loaders and you can stack a dryer on top, or use the top for your detergents:-) had mine for nearly 3 yrs and never had a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Washing Machines

Oh we got ours at the good guys they'll do the best priced always!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: Washing Machines

Bump as I am needing a new washing machine too.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Washing Machines

We have just bought a new one and we went for a front loader, as pp had said it is so much better at getting stains out. We use to have to soak and scrub our sons white school shirts and now they just go straight into the machine and come out so much cleaner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I have a 9.5kg Simpson top loader- Boy, do I love it- just had 3rd baby. I personally prefer top loaders as you can open the lid at any time to put stuff in etc. Also, from experience, this time I chose a machine that doesn't have an electronic computer control panel- mine has actual buttons and knobs that you operate manually. In the past, I have experienced the electronic computer panel stuffing up and it cost a fortune to fix when in fact the machine probably worked fine, its just that the control panel was stuffed! I always use cold water wash and liquid detergent. It has woollen, delicate cycles and I use the woolen cycle to do my 'hand washing'. 9.5 kg is good- can fit heaps in. It is a robust machine and hasn't skipped a beat since we purchased it when we had DS1 5 years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Washing Machines

I'd go a front loader - have just found them to be a lot gentler on my clothes! I have a 6kg i bought when I was single aaaaaaages ago and need to upgrade to a bigger one now that bub #2 is on the way!!!

Here's my tip, I usually do my research online (found that appliances online usually have the best prices) then I go to my nearest good guys and get them to beat it. Did it for my fridge, dishwasher, air conditioners etc If they can't match, appliances online have free delivery too which is awesome
    Last edited by jo7; 10-09-2012 at 17:17.