+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    do anybody know if bub's would be low in iron if i am? or does he take it all and i get leftovers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 24 weeks pregnant and really tired?

I was told that bub takes all nutrients from mum first. So probably not. But worthwhile being checked.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    does the liquid iron supliments cause constipation? because im already constipated as it is :|
    I had an early night last night and slept with a belly bean pillow, it was a great sleep and i was soooo comfy. Woke up feeling ok but not good enough to go out. Got a short burst of energy in the arvo, so i did some housework, cooked dinner and took DD out.
    By 5pm i was a mess. Bub's keeps sitting on my Scatia(sp?) nerve i feel like im carrying bricks yet im only 50kgs atm!
    Everything hurts and im just so exhausted i want to cry.
    I want to get onto these iron supliments tomorrow, i just hope they help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was completely exhausted ALL the time (fall asleep on my feet, couldn't keep the eyes open type thing) until about 30 weeks.

My iron level was and is exceptionally good (midwife and doctor almost didn't believe how good lol) and my bloody pressure is around 105/60 to 110/70.

For me my body was just genuinely tuckered out by all the baby making I guess!

Even now at nearly 34 weeks my energy levels are still not what they used to be. Very frustrating.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lyria7 For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 24 weeks pregnant and really tired?

That's why I take the spatone. It doesn't cause added constipation problems or other nasty side affects. I take it with orange juice as I was told that helps absorb the iron or something.
    I've actually been to OB today.. Iron was only 110 level. So my OB said to take 2 sachets not one. My BP is also 110/60. He also said it's normal for BP to drop mid pregnancy so I wonder if that's causing some of your issues to like me.
    I've had days where I laid on the couch, unable to really do anything but cry so I really sympathise.
    I think you should get your iron checked sooner. It might help put your mind at ease.
    Sorry you are having a hard time. Hugs.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (11-09-2012)