+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 24 weeks pregnant and really tired?

im currently 24 weeks pregnant and wondering if it's normal to feel completely exhausted ALL THE TIME?!
    I spoke to my midwife about it and she's booked me in to get iron studies done with my GD test but that's not for another 4 weeks!!!
    I thought tiredness was all part of the deal but dont remember feeling this bad with my first pregnancy.
    Ive lost all motivation
    I cant do housework properly because i get too tired and sore
    I feel like a walking hangover everymorning
    I take dd out to playgroup and spend 3 hrs on the couch recovering
    Everything is an effort
    Im starting to find it hard to get comfortable in bed, so i think im not sleping very well the last couple weeks but surely that cant be the cause of all this exhaustion?
    Im not even that big yet and am worried how im going to cope 10 weeks down the track.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Are you taking a pregnancy multivitamin? Not sure if it helps but it can't hurt.

I was going to bed at 7.30 each night when I was pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 24 weeks pregnant and really tired?

It wouldnt hurt to take a liquid iron supplement, floridex I think is one which is fantastic got my energy back overnight. Are you eating enough? Remember your body needs fuel, smoothies are a great easy option. But yes, pregnancy, already having children and bad sleep is very exhausting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Well... I've been like that all the way through but got much worse after about 24 weeks. Felt like I was wearing a lead vest around!!! Turns out I was very low on iron and very low blood pressure. I've been taking iron ever since. Are you taking some iron? I've been using spatone, liquid sachets of iron without the nasty side affects.
    Perhaps ask your doctor about getting iron studies done earlier. I've had three lots done since 22 weeks and I'm only 28 weeks!!! Push for it of it will give you peace of mind.
    Though I have to say, even though I'm taking stuff, the low blood pressure doesn't help and I still feel tired, some days worse than others, like today I'm at work but last Monday I couldn't even get up.
    Good luck! It isn't much fun.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hugs. Just wanted to let you know your not alone!

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I've have a low BP, so I know how you feel!!

Although I wouldn't even get 3 hrs of energy a day. I basically have an hours energy one day, and then struggle to even get up to make myself food or shower the next.

Nothing I can do really, I have a bit of coke at lunch to give me a small boost but now im having horrible nightmares at night which means im not sleeping well or much so I'm feeling very crap at the moment too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was like that until I hit my 3rd trimester. Nothing wrong with my iron levels or anything, more like the morning sickness that kept on giving. Blah. Like you, I have a toddler to run around after, so I this made a difference to my energy compared to the first pregnancy.

Once I hit the third trimester I was firing though. One thing I found that helped me alot with sleeping was buying a Cuddle Up body pillow through Therapeutic Pillows Int. It wraps right around your body from basically your knee around your head then down your back under your bum. So your tummy, legs and back are supported and when you turn over you don't have to change your pillow position. I wish I'd had it with my first pregnancy, because I got so much more sleep this time around. Bub is now 10 weeks old and I am still using it, much to my DH's chagrin! I love it!

I also found that accupuncture really helped with my energy levels, though this is obviously a very personal thing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Angiebear74 For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the support ladies, no im not taking any supliments. my bp is 100/60 i was told thats really good.
    Can you take these iron supliments/multivitamins without getting cheked out first? ive never taken multivitamins before.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes, because they are essential for your healthy blood supply, if you arent getting enough dietary iron (which is hard to do when pregnant) then the first sign of deficiency is usually fatigue. You will ferl better after some liquid supplements, get from chemist or supermarket, most of them say they are formulated for pregnant women.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

My OB said to just take the iron stuff without getting results back. He said they can't hurt. I chose the spatone sachets because they are gentler on tummy!
    Your blood pressure at 100/60 isn't that high. The second number is important. If its around 50 ish that's quite low. My BP hangs around that and I feel it drop, causes the fatigue and difficulty getting up. Though it's not dangerous.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (11-09-2012)