Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Alternative, rockin', different taste in clothes when dressing your kids? Show me! :)

Quote Originally Posted by OM View Post
    I love a retro vintage alternative style wear for kids

Attachment 26495Attachment 26496
    LOVE the cape!

On a side note, my DSS has always liked band shirts, skulls, hair gelled up like Dad's (DH has a Mohawk). He's just turned 8 but has wanted to dress like a mini punk since he was about three and used to beg for black nail polish.

I can't believe people on here are calling this style tacky? It's no tackier than any other clothing style and is often reflective of the child's taste as well as the parent's. I don't wear pink frilly clothes with flowers on or pastel suits, why should I dress my baby that way? Why is it bogan to dress them how I'd like to be dressed? And this thread was started for like minded parents to show their finds, why bother commenting if you aren't like minded?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

FertileMertile  (10-09-2012),JJZK  (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What a funny read ....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Alternative, rockin', different taste in clothes when dressing your kids? Show me! :)

Atropos not one person had said that style is tacky. Not one. You made that up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Atropos not one person had said that style is tacky. Not one. You made that up.
    To clarify, by this style I meant the style the thread is about, not Specifically the pic I had quoted. Hence the "on a side note". Sorry if that wasnt clear. Chickenlicken was the one who used the word tacky.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    To clarify, by this style I meant the style the thread is about, not Specifically the pic I had quoted. Hence the "on a side note". Sorry if that wasnt clear. Chickenlicken was the one who used the word tacky.
    Ok cool. Because I think that pic looks gorgeous. I only think slogan t shirts are tacky, which I have stated. An alternative style is very different to t!t t shirts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    You're kidding right? I was there too... with my tacky kids in tow.
    Appologies if I took your post the wrong way, but I don't find throw away comments at the expense of those in need of assistance amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OM View Post
    I love a retro vintage alternative style wear for kids
    What a gorgeous bub, I love the handmade vintage look too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well by that statement everyone on BH should get a life.
    Well funny you should mention that. I just think that some people on here take things way too seriously and need to lighten up. The OP didnt ask people to comment whether they liked this style or not, (or whether what you think is alternative or not) she asked people to share their pics. So if you have nothing better to do then to hijack a thread with your petty opinions perhaps you should take my advice.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FertileMertile For This Useful Post:

iamLilysmummy  (20-01-2014),Purple Lily  (10-09-2012),~Marigold~  (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FertileMertile View Post
    Well funny you should mention that. I just think that some people on here take things way too seriously and need to lighten up. The OP didnt ask people to comment whether they liked this style or not, she asked people to share their pics. So if you have nothing better to do then to hijack a thread with your petty opinions perhaps you should take my advice.
    Dude, why you're picking on me I don't know. I probably said the least offensive comment. Shoo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dude, why you're picking on me I don't know. I probably said the least offensive comment. Shoo.
    Your the one with the prob here 'dude' Maybe you should shoo