+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Case studies for magazine

Sunday magazine is looking to speak to a woman who is having IVF because she and her partner rarely have time for sex, or don't get to spend much time together.
    Interview could be done either over the phone or over email. You can remain anonymous. Please contact Katherine on chatfieldk@newslifemedia.com.au for more information.

Thanks
    Reviews

This is absurd, would anyone actually choose to do IVF???

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I"m not sure either - maybe situations where partners are away for a really long period of time .. such as the armed forces? maybe?

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    wow... I think there is a LOT more involved with IVF then 'little time for sex'....

It would be much quicker to have the sex than the IVF.

I think the focus should shift.. like Veve suggested, to partners who are away for extended periods of time.

Thanks
    Reviews

This is actually quite offensive. As an IVF-er myself, with only BFN's, I would be much happier to simply have sex and achieve a BFP!

Thanks
    Reviews

That is one of the stupidest things I have seen for a long time. "rarely have time for sex" What? A quick 15 min timed for 3 days of the month in comparison to multiple (10 or more) appointments, scans and tests all taking more than 2 hours each including travel and wait time. How about taking the days off required for EPU and ET? That is a lot of time! What about complications, pain, expense, medications, injections, heartache????? If this person knew about IVF I am sure they would write a less blasé attitude. Not having time to have sex is also not medial condition so no Medicare, more than 10k per cycle.
    Even if this was a situation where people were living very far apart or deployed etc, IVF would still be very difficult to justify given the above. I really hope this is some kind of gotcha.