+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby acne

DS 4 weeks has so much acne! It's all over his cheeks and head, poor baby. He was born with little whiteheads on his chin and nose but has developed this red acne everywhere since. Is it something I can do anything about? How long does it take to go away?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Baby acne

I was told by my doctor that it's hormones in the breastmilk that cause it. DS also had heaps but it went away on its own. Can't remember how long it took though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's called milk spots and it's totally normal. It takes weeks to go away but it will be more obvious if bubs is flushed (hot, crying, etc). It will just disappear soon and like me & SAgirl you'll forget how long they were actually an issue for

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby acne

It's baby acne not milk spots. Milk spots don't go red. It's hormonal.

My babys acne has just gone away now at 6 weeks :-)

Couple more weeks for your bub.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby acne

My bubs had them too. She got them at around 6 weeks and it cleared up by around 10 weeks. My DD is 3 and half months now and it hasn't come back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby acne

Hi - congrats on your bub! My DS had really bad baby acne all over his face including his scalp.

We did take him to the Dr at one point as it looked like some of the pustules looked infected (poor baby had pustules on his scalp).

We didn't do anything specific to treat it - just used water to wash him and if we did use any creams we made sure they were as natural and fragrance free etc. Time does work - DS was back to beautiful baby skin by about 4 months.

I think the hardest thing was that it looked so painful and there wasn't anything we could do. DS also had really bad cradle cap and dry flaky skin - poor little cherub.

Good luck with it all - it will go away and like others said you soon forget all about it :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby acne

DD's seemed to go away fairly quickly after I started squirting some breast milk on them. Not sure if it was due to the milk or just good timing, but they disappeared!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TheMadHatter For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS2 got a terrible hormonal rash at about 4 weeks of age, it covered his whole face & neck. Within 3 weeks it went away