+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Holiday with 4 kids, including newborn.

Thanks. I've been having heaps of trouble trying to find a place that accommodates 6! The baby will be counted as a child because of the cot in the room... I'm happy to take our own bedding for it though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We took my ds to Darwin last year in May (he was 4.5 years old) and it was the absolute best holiday ever. Maybe not what you're looking for, but there was SO much to see & do. The wave pool in Darwin was a big highlight for our ds, but the Museum was also great, and the Mindil Beach market and Crocodylus Crocodile park. I was 5 months pregnant at the time and I did find the heat a little difficult. It was 33 degrees most days and so I had to stay out of the midday sun or drink lots of water at least and sometimes I forgot & paid for it. But it was dry heat, so it was definitely manageable. We'd all go back there in a heartbeat (my parents came up with me, my dh & our ds). We stayed at the Argus Apartments and had a 3 bedroom apartment for 10 nights. It was huge, but the apartment amenities are pretty scarce - not at all what you are looking for. Basically it looked like it was built as a residential tower & later converted to holiday accommodation. We also went to Batchelor (a 2.5 hour drive from Darwin) and spent 3 nights there. That was great. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit in the Batchelor resort - you'd struggle with 4 kids there, they wouldn't fit I don't think. Although I just looked at their website & they do have a 'bigger' 2 bedroom villa meant for 6 people. It's right next to the Litchfield National Park which is full of great waterfalls & stuff. We went to the Territory Wildlife Park on the way there from Darwin - it was fantastic.

As for when to travel I'd wait til 3 months. Bubs is still reasonably inactive and small enough to carry easily. BUT, the 2 month vaccinations are done & dusted and starting to work by then. If you've had any issues with BFing or other random things they should mostly be sorted by 3 months. Make sure you get travel insurance though and check the exclusions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

What about a cruise? That have kids clubs as well as late night baby sitters, meals and activities included. I think kids club is for 3+ though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Do you like to stay in resorts or be able to venture out and check out other local shops and stuff? I've stayed at the Naviti resort in Fiji along the coral coast and while it was beautiful you couldn't really just walk out of the resort and see anything.

We just got back from Thailand and it was our first time to Phuket and first time we've been with kids and we all loved it. We stayed at the Katathani Beach resort and it was beautiful. Had everything you needed in it including a kids club, nannies and 24 hour room service. You could also venture our the front as they had some local restaurants and a foodmart type store in a little strip of shops within walking distance.

Thanks
    Reviews

Love the katathani!! Given the ages of the kids I'd go to Fiji - quick flight, not too much of a time difference and probably no injections required! You could even just stay on the mainland to make it easier - Sofitel, Hilton etc

We took our youngest on holiday (3hrs drive) when she was only 5 days old. Was great - she slept in 4 hr stints, we were relaxed since we were at the beach and we had meals
    cooked for us. If I was you I'd go as soon as you can get a passport!!