+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Solids?

I started DS at 4 months because he was having so much formula and still seemed hungry! He was always looking at every mouthful we were eating ourselves! He had a good grasp of objects and good head and neck control but couldn't (and still can't at nearly 6 months) sit up unaided.
    I want to do baby led weaning but he won't do that until he can sit upright on his own! In the meantime I'll puree fruit and veg!
    Oh and I think it just depends on the individual baby as to whether his system is ready or not, as my LO was eating 3 meals a day plus 5 bottles by 5 months and is happy as Larry!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Solids

I started our bub on rice ceral about 4.5 months just a little bit before her lunch feed mixed with formula. She is now nearly 5.5 months and i had started with some pureed fruit after lunch also about 5 months but iam sort of sorry i started her early now becasue she refuses to drink her bottles. the only bottle that she will fully drink 240ml is her bedtime one after her bath about 6.30pm. She sleeps through the night from around 6.30pm- 6.00am no worries but because she is not drinking her bottles through the day now iam worried she isnt getting the good nourishment from her formula like she should. Some days im lucky to get her to drink 180ml from the time she wakes up to the arvo???? That cant be good???? I keep telling myself that i should cut the solids out and get her back on bottles again but ive been told that once you start thats it you cant go back.
    I think if your bub is ready then start but make sure you take it slow and maybe get some advice before you do as each bub is different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Solids?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony66 View Post
    I started our bub on rice ceral about 4.5 months just a little bit before her lunch feed mixed with formula. She is now nearly 5.5 months and i had started with some pureed fruit after lunch also about 5 months but iam sort of sorry i started her early now becasue she refuses to drink her bottles. the only bottle that she will fully drink 240ml is her bedtime one after her bath about 6.30pm. She sleeps through the night from around 6.30pm- 6.00am no worries but because she is not drinking her bottles through the day now iam worried she isnt getting the good nourishment from her formula like she should. Some days im lucky to get her to drink 180ml from the time she wakes up to the arvo???? That cant be good???? I keep telling myself that i should cut the solids out and get her back on bottles again but ive been told that once you start thats it you cant go back.
    I think if your bub is ready then start but make sure you take it slow and maybe get some advice before you do as each bub is different.
    I would definitely stop solids if she is not drinking, is she putting on weight? 6-12 months is a massive growth spurt time and 50% of their calories should be from fat and purée fruit and rice cereal is just not enough! if she were closer to 12 months and eating a wide variety of foods I wouldn't worry but not at 5.5months - maybe ask your Dr at 6 month check up ?