+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I can't take it anymore!!!!!!

It's 2am, and I've had to wake up completely because I've had a horrible vivid nightmare!!!!

Why do I keep having these?????

I hate horror movies, avoid them at all cost and now that I'm pregnant the nightmares are running rampant in my mind.

I am so upset and frustrated right now, I just want them gone and my good sleep back, especially since I won't be able to enjoy sleeping through soon enough anyway with a newborn!!!

Help!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

It's your body getting you used to lack of sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews

Peaze huge hugs I had the same thing last night I usually only watch horror movies first thing in the day so I don't have night mares. I watched kath & Kim before bed last night and some how managed to have a nightmare.

I tossed and turned from midnight till almost 6am and I only went to actually sleep around 10:30.

Why oh why do our bodies do this to us

Thanks
    Reviews

I had terrible nightmares in my second pregnancy, so bad I mentioned it to my OB, he said it was quite common, b/c of things your concerned and stressed about, maybe even on a subconscious level, said to try think about things and talk them through with DH or a friend....a problem shared is a problem halved and all that hope this helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: I can't take it anymore!!!!!!

I had them when I was pregnant too, and I think it's connected to over heating during the night.

I slept horribly whilst pregnant, and it was so depressing when people said things like "Ha! Wait until the baby's born."

After she was born I slept so much better! I was more comfortable, the nightmares stopped, and DD was a great sleeper. So it can get better!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

3InATub  (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Hugs! They're horrible. I too have them whenever I am too hot. Sleep with the fan on all the time now and half out of the covers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I slept horribly whilst pregnant, and it was so depressing when people said things like "Ha! Wait until the baby's born."

After she was born I slept so much better! I was more comfortable, the nightmares stopped, and DD was a great sleeper. So it can get better!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    So glad to hear this. I too am sleeping terribly and I swear if one more person tells me wait til the baby is born I'm going to slap them around the head!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnab739 View Post
    So glad to hear this. I too am sleeping terribly and I swear if one more person tells me wait til the baby is born I'm going to slap them around the head!
    It drove me crazy when I was pregnant! It's like if you had a cold, someone saying "Ooh hoo! Just wait until it develops into pneumonia!" Uhh... thanks!

But for me it got WAY better once DD was on the outside I had a friend who went through that too, and she agreed that she slept much better after the baby was born.

People can be meanies...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhh good news about sleeping more (possibly) after bubs is out
    I've got 8 weeks to go and sleep is terrible - nightmares or extremely vivid dreams, getting up to pee, sore hips .... And then at 5am the cat starts walking on me to get her breakfast! It's not fair that the sleep deprivation starts so soon. And that DH is still in bed snoring quietly when I've been up for nearly 2 hours!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by spideysmummy View Post
    Hugs! They're horrible. I too have them whenever I am too hot. Sleep with the fan on all the time now and half out of the covers
    This. I always had nightmares when I am too hot and have found that since being preg I get hot easier.
    Take the winter doona/sheets on the bed, wear less, fan on etc etc. hope it helps!!