+ Reply to Thread
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Question for property managers (or renters)

We are applying for a new rental and they want the details of every rental that we have lived in for the last five years...given DH's previous job, this is quite a few. We have lived in about ten properties in that timeframe.

Is there some sort of registry where we can double check the addresses and stuff to give to the property manager? We are having trouble remembering all of them We usually deal with DHA, so have never had to provide this info before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

If they were all DHA rentals I would just put the last one down and then mention you have always rented with them and give the name and number of the DHA properly manager that handles your rentals

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (09-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I worked in property management for 10 years and our applicants only ever had to list the previous address and the current one. Seems pretty excessive to want a five year history! Surely they can just check the database where black listed tenants are named??

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (09-09-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree that it's excessive. They haven't *all* been through DHA, but majority have.

There really should be a registry or something...we definitely won't be on the black listed database though, so I might just speak to them tomorrow about it.

I hope it doesn't look bad that we have had so many rentals :-/