Closed Thread
Page 97 of 185 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Greb, sorry to hear of our bad news, hate to ask, but what is PE?

still haven't got my results for my 2hr GD test, my midwife is off this week and the receptionist said if I hadn't heard anything from my doc, then no news is good news. I just want an answer.

Meshell, hope your feeling a little better now, it's so ard when there is negative things going on and your hormones are in overdrive. Enjoy your baby shower!

dragon, congrats on your blue bundle!

SL we have a collapsible bath that we found for $20, which is awesome as we have no room in this house.

Are you guys doing a child first aid course? I'm thinking I might as I have no idea what to do if nubs was choking. Or am I just over reacting as a first timer?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Greb I hope everything turns out ok, but I also don't know what PE is?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

My work want to buy me a baby monitor. Any suggestions? I want one with a camera, any thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    Your nationality is where you were born but your cultural heritage is where you have descended from. I classify myself as quarter Italian as my grandfather was actually born in Italy and migrated to Australia. But saying that if he was of Indian descent for example it wouldn't matter if he was born in italy would it lol. His family are very Italian and there is even a mine named after them so yeah. My sperm donor is of Hawaiian descent but was born in America. His parents were born in Hawaii though so its the same example as my first lol :s I guess you can only use the half and quarter etc if you know how far down the line the ethnic gene has been passed down I know that I have other ethnic origins in my family tree just not sure how far back some originate. It is a very interesting past time discovering your past.
    It's absolutely amazing discovering family history - both of my parents (especially my mum) has worked SO hard over the last few years and has tracked our family back to the 1600's! So My father comes from a long line of dutch I believe, my mum comes from a long line of English and both of DHs parents both come from a long line of Italians (they were both born there and migrated here) so I think of him as being 100% Italian - therefore I really should class myself as half dutch half english - which means babies ethnicity would be half italian, quarter dutch, quarter english but babies nationality will be Australian?! Think I've got there lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    Going to Cairns. Hopefully the weather gets better down here for you or you might have to try persuading harder he he

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub
    Haha! Nice one when are you moving? Went to Cairns for the first time back in May for a wedding (to Palm Cove) which was lovely. We try to get up to Gold Coast every year (we got married there last year too) and absolutely love it despite what a lot of people say, so I would love to move to one of the 'burbs around there near that gorgeous beach of course

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    Ok so back to hospital tomorrow to see iv there happy with my sugar levels and if the night time insulin is doing its job I so hope so I just want to enjoy being pregnant
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Gampa - Love the wallpaper, that could come up really cool.

Dragonfly - Cairns is gunna be HOT! I lived in Townsville for 5 years and it's certainly very hot and humid up there. Beautiful part of the world though, we were going to go up for a holiday this year, but fell pregnant instead.

Meshell - Have an awesome baby shower this weekend, just enjoy it and try not to stress about anything.

SL - We are getting a 'blooming bath' to put in the laundry sink to bath bubs in. Not truly necessary but they are just awesome. check out skelliwags.com.au

AFM - Had OB appointment today and the news wasn't great. OB thought bubs was big so did a growth scan. Seems she is actually about 2 weeks smaller than average and the extra tummy size is due to heaps of excess amniotic fluid. Had the 1 hour GD test about 3.5 weeks ago and passed with flying colours but the simplest reason for extra amnio fluid is GD so have to go do the 2 hour test on Monday, she's also a bit worried that PE may be developing. I never thought I would be hoping for a positive GD test but I actually am cause it would explain the extra fluid and means that I wouldn't have to worry that something worse was wrong with my baby.
    Hi Grebbeci - as hard as it may be, try not to worry too much; did she say that this was a common thing that goes away as pregnancy progresses or she just said that GD is the simplest answer for now? Well either way good luck with your testing on Monday, i'm sure everything will be fine. What is PE?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    Greb, sorry to hear of our bad news, hate to ask, but what is PE?

still haven't got my results for my 2hr GD test, my midwife is off this week and the receptionist said if I hadn't heard anything from my doc, then no news is good news. I just want an answer.

Meshell, hope your feeling a little better now, it's so ard when there is negative things going on and your hormones are in overdrive. Enjoy your baby shower!

dragon, congrats on your blue bundle!

SL we have a collapsible bath that we found for $20, which is awesome as we have no room in this house.

Are you guys doing a child first aid course? I'm thinking I might as I have no idea what to do if nubs was choking. Or am I just over reacting as a first timer?
    Morning Nala hope those results come back soon for you.
    I was talking to DH last night about the bath / change table scenario and think that I have decided to get a solid change table and then just a baby bath which can live in our big bath until bubs outgrows it - there's a cute classic winnie the pooh one I've seen for $30 so thats fine by me; we have zero room in our bathroom but our bath is very small so we dont use it so it can just sit in there and not be in anyones way

I would HIGHLY recommend doing a first aid course to all of you. I'm actually one of the first aid officers at work. I did a refresher course in August of this year, which included a refresher for CPR and I made sure that every single scenario we went through I asked about babies, children and pregnant women so that I knew. Most scenarios for adults, children and babies are the same, but the choking and CPR are slightly different and I found it very calming to understand and feel confident in each scenario. I also bought an updated St Johns first aid kit so I'm happy about that too. Check out St Johns as thats who I've done my courses with and they are awesome. You also get a handbook to take home too with all the info in it. Before bubs is here, I'm going to walk my DH through the CPR and choking parts too as I think they are the most important to know. Although thinking about it, they may teach you this in classes if you're doing them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Hi Grebbeci - as hard as it may be, try not to worry too much; did she say that this was a common thing that goes away as pregnancy progresses or she just said that GD is the simplest answer for now? Well either way good luck with your testing on Monday, i'm sure everything will be fine. What is PE?
    Sorry, PE is Pre-Eclampsia, low papp-a levels put me at high risk of it from the start.
    It's not terribly common, occurs in between 1 & 5% of pregnancies. First step is to try and figure out what is causing it. A positive result for GD would make it the easiest option to treat cause once blood sugars were under control it should start to regulate more. If it's not GD then it could be a problem with the baby or they could be unable to find a reason.
    If it doesn't correct than it means that there is a high chance of premature labour, cause of the extra weight on the uterus and cervix, and because there is so much fluid it can be hard for the bubs head to engage and so if my waters were to break there would be a chance of the umbilical cord being swept into the birth canal in front of bubs head.
    Meant to go to a funeral on Monday morning but I guess bubs comes first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Sorry, PE is Pre-Eclampsia, low papp-a levels put me at high risk of it from the start.
    It's not terribly common, occurs in between 1 & 5% of pregnancies. First step is to try and figure out what is causing it. A positive result for GD would make it the easiest option to treat cause once blood sugars were under control it should start to regulate more. If it's not GD then it could be a problem with the baby or they could be unable to find a reason.
    If it doesn't correct than it means that there is a high chance of premature labour, cause of the extra weight on the uterus and cervix, and because there is so much fluid it can be hard for the bubs head to engage and so if my waters were to break there would be a chance of the umbilical cord being swept into the birth canal in front of bubs head.
    Meant to go to a funeral on Monday morning but I guess bubs comes first.
    You poor thing...ok I've heard of pre-eclampsia as a couple of my girlfriends have had it. It can be very scary at the time, and I think both of them had c-sections, but note that they were both taken care of well, both had premature babies, and both babies are completely healthy as are both mummies x