Closed Thread
Page 96 of 185 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    another question - just to take up the thread (lol sorry)

what are you guys going to do for bathing baby? We were going for furniture change table in nursery and then just a bath we can keep in the bathroom but now looking at the 2-in-1 bath / change table combos you can get - does anyone have one / or have used one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    another question - just to take up the thread (lol sorry)

what are you guys going to do for bathing baby? We were going for furniture change table in nursery and then just a bath we can keep in the bathroom but now looking at the 2-in-1 bath / change table combos you can get - does anyone have one / or have used one?

Best thing we ever did was a small bucket for when they are really small up to 8 weeks, then we put her in the shower or bath with us. Now she's a water toddler. Not afraid of getting her face wet and easily puts her head under the water whilst most of my friends kids scream and kick when they need their hair washed. I truly believe its because we submersed her young and she now thinks this is normal. My friends have to chase their kids around the back yard with hoses to get their hair wet. What a hassle!!

I did get a baby bath but it was a waste of money and I think buying a combo table thing would be a waste. A brand new plastic tub for $10 is all they need and yo get to have a funky colour then give them a normal bath every day just before bed, with a lavender massage and snuggle warm clothes. The love it and it established a great routine that they know bed time is after bath time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Best thing we ever did was a small bucket for when they are really small up to 8 weeks, then we put her in the shower or bath with us. Now she's a water toddler. Not afraid of getting her face wet and easily puts her head under the water whilst most of my friends kids scream and kick when they need their hair washed. I truly believe its because we submersed her young and she now thinks this is normal. My friends have to chase their kids around the back yard with hoses to get their hair wet. What a hassle!!

I did get a baby bath but it was a waste of money and I think buying a combo table thing would be a waste. A brand new plastic tub for $10 is all they need and yo get to have a funky colour then give them a normal bath every day just before bed, with a lavender massage and snuggle warm clothes. The love it and it established a great routine that they know bed time is after bath time.
    Thanks Gampa I agree with you on the learning to submerge kids young!! I'm starting bubs at swimming lessons at 6months old (parents and babies); was shocked to learn recently that only 1 in 5 school aged children can swim properly especially when Australia has such a strong culture of going swimming / going to the beach, so am keen to have a water baby / toddler too. I can imagine what a hassle it would be to have to chase your kids to get them wet!

I've read a few reviews on the change table / bath combo and beginning to think it would be a waste too...may as well just buy a cheap tub for the bath with a plug and then when bubs outgrows it, just use a support in the big bath...or just buy a support and use big bath straight away although they may be a waste of water...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Your nationality is where you were born but your cultural heritage is where you have descended from. I classify myself as quarter Italian as my grandfather was actually born in Italy and migrated to Australia. But saying that if he was of Indian descent for example it wouldn't matter if he was born in italy would it lol. His family are very Italian and there is even a mine named after them so yeah. My sperm donor is of Hawaiian descent but was born in America. His parents were born in Hawaii though so its the same example as my first lol :s I guess you can only use the half and quarter etc if you know how far down the line the ethnic gene has been passed down I know that I have other ethnic origins in my family tree just not sure how far back some originate. It is a very interesting past time discovering your past.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to queenvee For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (09-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Dragonfly I'm a bit envious of you moving to Queensland from Vic - I have been trying to persuade my husband for ages and would move in a heartbeat! Not the best job prospects up there though - where abouts are you moving to?
    Going to Cairns. Hopefully the weather gets better down here for you or you might have to try persuading harder he he

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Lol it's going to be stinking hot in cairns!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Ok so back to hospital tomorrow to see iv there happy with my sugar levels and if the night time insulin is doing its job I so hope so I just want to enjoy being pregnant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gampa - Love the wallpaper, that could come up really cool.

Dragonfly - Cairns is gunna be HOT! I lived in Townsville for 5 years and it's certainly very hot and humid up there. Beautiful part of the world though, we were going to go up for a holiday this year, but fell pregnant instead.

Meshell - Have an awesome baby shower this weekend, just enjoy it and try not to stress about anything.

SL - We are getting a 'blooming bath' to put in the laundry sink to bath bubs in. Not truly necessary but they are just awesome. check out skelliwags.com.au

AFM - Had OB appointment today and the news wasn't great. OB thought bubs was big so did a growth scan. Seems she is actually about 2 weeks smaller than average and the extra tummy size is due to heaps of excess amniotic fluid. Had the 1 hour GD test about 3.5 weeks ago and passed with flying colours but the simplest reason for extra amnio fluid is GD so have to go do the 2 hour test on Monday, she's also a bit worried that PE may be developing. I never thought I would be hoping for a positive GD test but I actually am cause it would explain the extra fluid and means that I wouldn't have to worry that something worse was wrong with my baby.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Gampa - Love the wallpaper, that could come up really cool.

Dragonfly - Cairns is gunna be HOT! I lived in Townsville for 5 years and it's certainly very hot and humid up there. Beautiful part of the world though, we were going to go up for a holiday this year, but fell pregnant instead.

Meshell - Have an awesome baby shower this weekend, just enjoy it and try not to stress about anything.

SL - We are getting a 'blooming bath' to put in the laundry sink to bath bubs in. Not truly necessary but they are just awesome. check out skelliwags.com.au

AFM - Had OB appointment today and the news wasn't great. OB thought bubs was big so did a growth scan. Seems she is actually about 2 weeks smaller than average and the extra tummy size is due to heaps of excess amniotic fluid. Had the 1 hour GD test about 3.5 weeks ago and passed with flying colours but the simplest reason for extra amnio fluid is GD so have to go do the 2 hour test on Monday, she's also a bit worried that PE may be developing. I never thought I would be hoping for a positive GD test but I actually am cause it would explain the extra fluid and means that I wouldn't have to worry that something worse was wrong with my baby.
    Best of luck with the up coming GD x hope all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Greb.. those blooming flowers are so cute!
    I want one!!!!!!

sorry about the bad news.. I hope its an easy fix for you.
    I had dangerously low amniotic fluid with DS (he was born at 36 weeks because of it) apparently both are common with GD. Nasty thing that it is!

take care of yourself and put your feet up when you can.. rest girls.. we all need it!