Closed Thread
Page 95 of 185 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Cannot sleep I should not have had caffeine at dinner, I think it crossed the placenta! My little girl has been doing Zumba for over an hour! I think I'm in trouble if this is her sleeping pattern she is forming, I read at around 22 weeks they form their sleep wake patterns omg... A little hyper baby, not surprising really I was exactly the same. At two I would wake in the night and play in the dark!

In regards to cots, my SIL bought a lovely no name sleigh cot new off eBay, cheap but a really nicely built walnut cot which doubles as a toddler bed.

Congratulations Dragonfly a little boy

There are so many icsi girls! Maybe their is a correlation with icsi and baby girls! I have a friend who has had 2 baby girls also through icsi.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

DRAGONFLY17  (08-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I can't sleep, it's 230 and I've been awake for over an hour..., very frustrating!!!

I am pretty sure slightly more boys are born with IVF and slightly more girls are born with ICSI. Not sure why. Maybe something in the 'faster' fertilization ability of male sperm via IVF (therefore the quicker male sperm are stronger - haven't had to swim for hours and get worn out or overtaken by girl sperm to get to the egg? And the most advanced morula being chosen for ET, which would more than likely be male) as opposed to the 'stronger' or healthier looking sperm chosen for ICSI injection? No idea really, Just a theory...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Thanks for the Congrats guys. Hoping your theories about icsi and girls proves true for our next and final go. So far icsi = boy for us.

Mrs sim i m sorry you are having a rough time. Try not to blame yourself. I think its really out of our hands who has what cause I put on 35 kg with D's 1 and didn't have a problem ( really thought I would/ should have). Its great to have Aden and others who know what your going through just proves how valuable BH is and how great all of us are for each other.

I'm not small either and have put on 12kg already (24 weeks on Sat). I'm really looking forward to finishing work and being able to exercise more ( especially when we move to Qld and escape the terrible Vic weather that has seemed to gone on since April).

With cot mattresses pretty sure you can get them professionally cleaned so is a great budget saver.

Mesh you will have the best time on the weekend and hopefully that's the end of the bad run your experiencing.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry you had such crap day! Your poor dad! How horrible!!!!
    Hope your brother sorts finances out soon.. Those poor kids!!!

For those not sleeping, I have been up at 4.30 every morning. So annoying!!!!!!!

I ride 30 mins 3 times a week on a stationary bike at home with a trainer. A study for gd.
    I know my heart rate can't go above 150 and you know when you push it too hard.
    I believe it's fine (it's a pregnancy study) but after 28 weeks no more cycling study. May get a bike or may just rest in the end. Im very tired after every session and its only gonna get hotter!!!
    5 km's is fine! I go up to 14.
    Cycled 12 yesterday!
    Just take it easy and you will be fine.
    Everyone tells me I'm not gaining enough weight. My dr said I'm fine!

Anyways, sorry for the essay again!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    Thanks for the Congrats guys. Hoping your theories about icsi and girls proves true for our next and final go. So far icsi = boy for us.

Mrs sim i m sorry you are having a rough time. Try not to blame yourself. I think its really out of our hands who has what cause I put on 35 kg with D's 1 and didn't have a problem ( really thought I would/ should have). Its great to have Aden and others who know what your going through just proves how valuable BH is and how great all of us are for each other.

I'm not small either and have put on 12kg already (24 weeks on Sat). I'm really looking forward to finishing work and being able to exercise more ( especially when we move to Qld and escape the terrible Vic weather that has seemed to gone on since April).

With cot mattresses pretty sure you can get them professionally cleaned so is a great budget saver.

Mesh you will have the best time on the weekend and hopefully that's the end of the bad run your experiencing.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub
    Dragonfly I'm a bit envious of you moving to Queensland from Vic - I have been trying to persuade my husband for ages and would move in a heartbeat! Not the best job prospects up there though - where abouts are you moving to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meshell you poor thing I hope you are feeling a bit better today? How lovely of your nan to buy you the winnie the pooh rocker - I think we will end up getting this one too : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I have a question about Nationality....hoping someone will know the answer!!

Question 1: So - My dad and both of his parents are Dutch (actually Fresian), my mum and both of her parents are English. I was born in New Zealand. Does that make me 1/2 Dutch and 1/2 English or does that make me 100% New Zealand by descent?

Question 2: My DH's parents are both Italian, DH was born in Australia and then there's confused little me - what 'nationality will our baby be? Will he / she be 1/2 Italian 1/2 whatever I am or 100% Australian by descent?

Thanks
    Reviews
    OR as DH was born here, will baby therefore be 1/2 Australian 1/2 NZ??? This is something I have thought about for years but never actually sought out answer for!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Just looking at how to decorate my nursery and found some Gorgeous wallpaper s I thought I'd share with you all. Check out porters wallpapers.

Im going to go for dragonfly in pearl? You can buy little wings to stick on the dragonflies so it gives a 3d feel. I'm having g the walls white and some creamy curtains with silver leaf thru them. Floor boards and a pink rug. I've got my DD old cot - dark wood. I hope it will be elegant and something DD 2 can grow into.

SL1009: my DD1 names is Rose so I think that's a great choice!!!

we are still struggling with a name for DD 2 - but thinking Elizabeth - - what do people think. Rose and Elizabeth - do you all think it's too old??? Alternatively we are thinking Annie???

anyway it's been great reading all your posts....so great to think its happening.....

Gamps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Hi all,

Just looking at how to decorate my nursery and found some Gorgeous wallpaper s I thought I'd share with you all. Check out porters wallpapers.

Im going to go for dragonfly in pearl? You can buy little wings to stick on the dragonflies so it gives a 3d feel. I'm having g the walls white and some creamy curtains with silver leaf thru them. Floor boards and a pink rug. I've got my DD old cot - dark wood. I hope it will be elegant and something DD 2 can grow into.

SL1009: my DD1 names is Rose so I think that's a great choice!!!

we are still struggling with a name for DD 2 - but thinking Elizabeth - - what do people think. Rose and Elizabeth - do you all think it's too old??? Alternatively we are thinking Annie???

anyway it's been great reading all your posts....so great to think its happening.....

Gamps
    Wowza what gorgeous and unique wallpaper - love it Gampa! Not sure about the 3D wings but everything else sounds very elegant.

I don't think Elizabeth is too 'old' I love the classic names, I prefer it to Annie. I like to think of what people will call them when they are older ie Elizabeth would most likely be Liz or Lizzie or Beth...unless you introduce another nickname early if you don't want that to happen ie Eli (for example If I had a girl in the future and called her Lucia which I love, I wouldn't want her nickname at school to be Luci, I would prefer cia or ci ci or something) - is that weird? LOL!