Closed Thread
Page 88 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    SL Im having a high tea but no baby shower - just nice to get together with friends before our whole lives change forever! hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I must say I do like the idea of a high tea - are you going out adden or having it at home?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister in law is working at a new hotel that has just opened in Perth and she said they are doing a high tea there.. the restaurant isnt even open yet, so going to check it out when it does.
    Otherwise ill have it somewhere else. Im not doing it at home as we have a HUGE december with about 5 things here and I dont want to clean up! haha
    Havent decided if we will pay for it all or get guests to pay... will depend on how many i end up inviting I guess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure what to do really; I think I'm going to just make an effort to catch up with my closer girlfriends over December / January before bubs is here but nothing special. Once baby is here I know I will be seeing everyone at the hospital and then I'm thinking of having a 'welcome home' coffee and cake thing with just family...is anyone else thinking of doing this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    ...and I'll just add to my last comment as I have just been on google looking at 'welcome home baby' parties and I wouldn't do invites or ask or expect gifts - it would just be our close family at home with some decorations and afternoon tea...I could get my SIL who lives close to set up decorations and have everyone there when we get home...OR do it a few days / week after we get home from hospital so we have a bit of time to adjust...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not having my babyshower till 13th Jan... after the Christmas/NY rush... I am inviting over 50 ladies so don't mind if they can't come due to other commitments in Jan, it will be at our place, and one of my sisters and friends are organising it for me :-) We will have the nursery pretty much done by Christmas as we are having my family over Christmas night and I want it done to show them.

I was just in a meeting for an hour and a half and had to get up and go to the toilet twice! The baby was kicking my bladder! Painful!! Not in a hurting way what a squeemish way, if that makes sense??

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

SL, i practically banned everyone from coming over after I had my DD, and living 50k out of town, no one was tempted to just pop in :-). the message I gave was 'I'll come out when we are ready"...! Including to my mum! Mean, but I was SO protective it was not funny (still am really)... I was glad I did it really because after an unplanned emergency c section, the last thing I wanted was to entertain other people! :-) I also hated telling people "no" and offending them when they wanted to hold my baby, because I was scared they would drop her etc... So not having people around for a while was good. You're a much braver woman than me! I just wanted to hermit...

OB appointment tomorrow, then onto fortnightly appointments for the next wee while... Not looking forward to more us/ GTT / bloods weekly etc....! So happy to be nearly third trimester - 27 weeks Thu this week! Yay!

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm expecting a little girl!!!!!!
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews

Obviously got my 3d scans today 26+5 and I guess they are as good as I will get lol. Baby was hiding and being uncooperative. Legs crossed and arm over face. We ended up sitting in the imaging place just over an hour and a half popping in between patients to see if anything changed. She moved her arm off her face for something like 10 min and we got the quickest glimpse of the genitals. The scanner said he was 100% sure she was a girl. Only 5 photos are actually descent but it's better than nothing lol. I'm so relieved to have found out the sex. Not looking forward to the argument over names for the next 13 weeks but if we hadn't of found out we would never have even discussed girls names lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Broom!
    wow! What a girl thread hey!
    so glad you got to glimpse at her 'bits'!!!!!!! we didn't get very many good shots either (no where near as good as DS - he got amazing photos!)

we are struggling with names too... think we have one, but I'm still unsure because of how similar it is to DS;s name!!!!
    maybe you all can help!
    DS is Eli (sounds like Ee-ligh - not Elly)
    We are both loving Ella for a girl!
    i know, similar hey!
    its kinda cute though
    anyways, we are still stuck!