Closed Thread
Page 8 of 185 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Adden - That sucks about the GD. Hope it's easier for you this time.

Beta - It will be nice for my peanut to have cousins close in age to her, I have another SIL who is due in March, so she should have lots of little friends to play with.

What's a calm birthing class???

Anyone else have MS that's gotten worse instead of better through the PG. I had almost none in the first tri, just occasionally on a Thursday, but now I am at the point where I throw up breakfast pretty much every day and feel seedy as hell until about lunch time
    Whilst I'm not throwing up I definitely feel more queasy and nauseous and fussy with food than I did in the first tri now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Here is a picture of the tree we have put in the bubs room. The tree is stickers but the grubs and the butterfly are painted. The 4 grubs symbolise the embryos of our 4 failed transfers and the butterfly is the little princess we are expecting.

Attachment 26531
    Oh! What a cute little idea!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Sorry about the MS girls... I am one to the lucky ones and haven't had any... the occasional bit of nausea but nothing major... I'm 16 weeks now and tiredness is improving...

kmvw, I think you might be right about stress in your situation, have you thought about getting a pregnancy massage? something to try and relieve some of the tension?

Grebbeci, the room looks beautiful, I can't wait to get into ours and start being creative, hopefully DH will finish doing the painting this week

Happy Wednesday girls... this time next week I'll be on a plane to Singapore, can't wait!!

Yay one more week how exciting - I'd love to hide in your suitcase - something tells me I won't fit anymore lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had a long lunch with a girlfriend who's been back at home in America for 3 months and now I am even more unmotivated than I was this morning! I am just so tired all the time.

Oh, btw, had my OB appointment yesterday - all symptoms I was worried about are fine and normal. Blood Pressure is fine and baby's heartbeat was nice and strong and so loud this time round - was amazing! At about 138-140 BPM so it's dropped a lot since last time. I joked that we were now in girl territory with the heartrate = gender prediction and he said in his words it's all bullsh*t!!

Felt well and motivated enough to go for my first pregnancy swim last night. My legs must have so much blood and fluid build up they just need to be exercised. I did some walking and light swimming and it felt sooooo good! Definitely will be back in the pool soon!

Just realised how much I had written - ah well, took up a few mins at work!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    ooh my baby heartrate is 140 also. was 140 at 7 weeks and 140 at 12 weeks does that mean girl?
    'THEY' (the Old Wives' that is - haha) reckon that 140 and below is a girl and above is a boy. We've had high heartrates (171, 163, 170) and now 138/140! Whilst old wives tales say that the gender prediction of the heartrate is 80% correct on a study they did, my OB reckons it's all rubbish!! He said if you toss a coin enough times you will get an even number of heads and tails eventually but it's fun to guess hehe!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Hi the morning sickness is back for me also it went at about 12 weeks and then at about 16 weeks it came back not to the point of vomitting but just struggling to eat much other than fruit and water anything that smells like it has too much flavour churns my stomach.
    TMI I made indian the other night for hubby I was going to eat it but the smell of it cooking turned my stomach that bad I was in bathroom with terrible tummy upset for ages.
    gag reflexes when I brush my teeth are off the hook I cant stop gagging choking occasionally following through with a massive vom. Hubby is mortified to watch me or be near me whilst i am brushing my teeth haha

Some morning its been that bad that I have literally given up flossed my teeth gargled some mouth wash and popped some gum in my mouth and gone to work.
    I cannot wait til baby comes out and I can bleach my teeth I normally do it once a month but its not something that can be done when preg
    Can't wait to bleach my teeth! I did it for the first time before my wedding and whilst my teeth were so sensitive and it was so painful it looked awesome haha! Have only bleached my teeth once after 6 months since (the dentist pack thing says once every three months) but now obviously it's been another 6 months but shall wait til bubs is born now! I wonder if you can do it whilst breastfeeding?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    'THEY' (the Old Wives' that is - haha) reckon that 140 and below is a girl and above is a boy. We've had high heartrates (171, 163, 170) and now 138/140! Whilst old wives tales say that the gender prediction of the heartrate is 80% correct on a study they did, my OB reckons it's all rubbish!! He said if you toss a coin enough times you will get an even number of heads and tails eventually but it's fun to guess hehe!
    Other way around girls... above 140 is a girl... below is a boy...

http://www.babygenderprediction.com/...eart-rate.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

AmyEL is right, everywhere I read said above 140 is a girl and below 140 is a boy. Not sure from how many weeks this applies?
    Last edited by Rachael3; 12-09-2012 at 14:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! Thanks so much for the warm welcome.
    Adden - Best wishes to control your GD with food & exercise.
    Kmvw - Good luck, nothing does every seem easy!
    Motherwillbe - Congratulations on your baby boy!
    Meshell23 - Pumkinpatch is so cute too.
    Grebbeci - That is so beautiful.
    SL1009 - Great effort on the exercise front! & really great obs at your checkup.
    No MS for me (with any of the pregnancies), feel a bit queasy occasionally. I do gag and dry retch when I brush my teeth... only time I've ever been sick was (TMI & embarrassing)when DH let one go and it smelt so bad I vomited.
    I went to see a midwife today, and she we just beautiful! HB is 150, blood pressure is good. Baby kicked the doppler off when she put it on. So cute.
    Take care everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today's research is around swaddles / wraps...

muslin wraps
    waffle wraps
    flanellette wraps
    stretchy cotton wraps

I will be having a summer bubs - so I think I will need muslin wraps or maybe just stretchy cotton wraps. Waffle wraps I'm told are great, but thicker, so may start using these when bubs is a few months old and it starts getting cooler

Opinions / Preferences???