Closed Thread
Page 65 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always thought we'd do it cause my DH is & wanted it to look the same & not be confusing for them, plus the hygiene reasons... But was talking about it recently with a mum of 3 boys, she didn't get them done cause she wanted them the same as their peers cause they are the ones they'll show with at footy etc... So now I'm back to sitting on the fence, majority of little boys don't get it dine these days, my 5 nephews all don't...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post
    4/6 of my nephews are circumcised. The other 2 have a bit of trouble with washing properly, heat aggravation (sweaty, grimy and the occasional infection etc) but seem to manage ok! It's such a personal choice. If I had a boy I am not sure what I'd do, but my 13 y/o nephew had to have his done - ouch... (if i was going to do it i would rather they didn't remember). There are so many views (don't flame me, this is just mine). It is the parents job to do what they think is best for their child considering their circumstances. I know its controversial with the whole (my body, my choice) but parents pierce their kids ears etc etc, and I do think MOST parents will do what they believe is in the best interest of the child... Tradition, religion or otherwise.
    I agree mrsoptimistic - its' seriously something I haven't given any thought to but now it's got me thinking. If I had a daughter I wouldn't pierce her ears until she was at the age where she could ask and really wanted it...hadn't even given any thought to sweat, grime, infection and OUCH if the poor things have to have it done when they are older...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

I have to say (having been a support person at my youngest nephews procedure) it isn't the most comfortable thing to watch someone you love go through! There was lots of tears. My sister didn't make the decision lightly, but reckons she would again (she now has a step son with foreskin and no end of issues..). He's 8. Apparently (again, please don't flame me) there is medical evidence to suggest reduced risks of circumcised men transmitting STI's... I am so glad I am having another girl (my last child) and don't have to make these decisions! PS: my partner is done and I think it is much more attractive.... Personally.

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't know I think probably not to the circumcision thing. If there is a problem down the track then yeah remove it. Pain is pain no matter what your age we all get over it lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Lmao at the attractiveness of a man without a foreskin and the ewww look on my face I don't like the look of any mans genitals lmao but everyone's entitled to their own opinion

6. The Following User Says Thank You to queenvee For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (25-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Haha! Good on you Broom! But exactly! Each to their own I say, I have no right to determine what is good, bad, or indifferent to anyone else! But I do like the boys bits ;-p I don't know many parents who'd deliberately cause pain to their child without reasons they genuinely believe outweigh the risks... :-) BTW great to see this topic is staying nice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL to the attractiveness too - but I tend to agree - even though my DH isn't - not that I have taken pictures and framed them so it doesn't matter HAHAHA...slightly veering off topic here now!!!

I might ask my SIL about her 2 boys (6 & 8) - actually maybe I'll get my DH to ask her - awkward convo though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    agreed it's staying nice : ) i would have to do research on risks associated etc but I don't think my DH would go for it so it might be a moot point...i'm going to ask him about it tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG sorry to take up the thread but just noticed my ticker is down to 16 weeks and 5 days - that really doesn't seem that far away!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (25-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

As long as your both comfortable with your decision, either way, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, not often people ask my sisters if their boys are circumcised or not! (ages 3 thru to18 now)!