Closed Thread
Page 64 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    I will be putting bub straight into the car seat as its nice and squshy and has extra padding for newborn.
    Though I did like the idea of a capsule I just did not want to buy one and only use a couple of months I felt it would be a waste of my money it was going to cost me approx $250 for the capsule and I dont have on I could borrow from anyone I believe capsule would be really good though cos you can just unclip from car and use as baby carrying if you need to run into shops

as for being superstitious about mock walking my inlaws are the same they wont let me bring my pram into the house til baby is born therefore it lives at my mums til then
    Yeh fair enough if we had to buy one I wouldn't spend that money either! How funny about your MIL and the pram - haven't heard that one yet so I don't think I will have issues having it in the house - just if I 'mock' use it lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

My mil doesn't like buying the Pram before the baby arrives, she's Scottish and thinks its bad luck.
    The capsule we bought should do bubs until she is around 12 months old, so we were happy to invest in it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    My mil doesn't like buying the Pram before the baby arrives, she's Scottish and thinks its bad luck.
    The capsule we bought should do bubs until she is around 12 months old, so we were happy to invest in it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Geez that's good that it lasts until 12 months. I think the one we are borrowing will be good for 3-4 months

Wow so you're not going to buy a pram until after bubs is born?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Geez that's good that it lasts until 12 months. I think the one we are borrowing will be good for 3-4 months

Wow so you're not going to buy a pram until after bubs is born?
    No, we have our pram. We have an iCandy apple, which I love. I figured that God wouldn't be mean enough to give us anymore bad luck.

The safe'n'sound unity capsule holds bubs up to 12kg and with a fairly high height limit. My nephew has just moved out of his at 14 months and I have some cousins who were all in theirs until they were over 12 months old.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Funny you talk about superstition. My mum is the same. She told me that in her family it was badluck to have the pram in the house before the baby was born, even claiming miscarriage in the family. When my sister had her baby some years ago she was unaware of this and she bought her pram early lol and I've got my pram too I just haven't told mum. She would flip!!!!!

I've been having dreams of twin boys frequently. Last night I dreamt they came premmie it was weird. I'm not expecting twins lol and I don't think about having twins although I think my little one is a boy. Will be finding out the sex on the 7th hopefully. We have 3d scans booked!!!! I can't wait to see baby. Secretly hoping bub will have more if the polynesian look as opposed to my looks lol. My mum is Italian but doesn't really look Italian although she has the gorgeous olive skin and my father is English fair skinned that is always red looking and tanned from being out in the sun. I'm yellow olive skinned, my younger sister is pale white pinky and my little brother soaked up all the gorgeous warm italian skin. We all have blue eyes and mine have a hint of green in them. Sorry for the carry on lol I've just realized!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    Funny you talk about superstition. My mum is the same. She told me that in her family it was badluck to have the pram in the house before the baby was born, even claiming miscarriage in the family. When my sister had her baby some years ago she was unaware of this and she bought her pram early lol and I've got my pram too I just haven't told mum. She would flip!!!!!

I've been having dreams of twin boys frequently. Last night I dreamt they came premmie it was weird. I'm not expecting twins lol and I don't think about having twins although I think my little one is a boy. Will be finding out the sex on the 7th hopefully. We have 3d scans booked!!!! I can't wait to see baby. Secretly hoping bub will have more if the polynesian look as opposed to my looks lol. My mum is Italian but doesn't really look Italian although she has the gorgeous olive skin and my father is English fair skinned that is always red looking and tanned from being out in the sun. I'm yellow olive skinned, my younger sister is pale white pinky and my little brother soaked up all the gorgeous warm italian skin. We all have blue eyes and mine have a hint of green in them. Sorry for the carry on lol I've just realized!!!!!
    Your allowed to carry on if you can't now when can you. Not to much longer till you find out. Boys are heaps of fun but are very full on. You will be over the moon what ever your having.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I will be putting bub straight into the car seat as its nice and squshy and has extra padding for newborn.
    Though I did like the idea of a capsule I just did not want to buy one and only use a couple of months I felt it would be a waste of my money it was going to cost me approx $250 for the capsule and I dont have on I could borrow from anyone I believe capsule would be really good though cos you can just unclip from car and use as baby carrying if you need to run into shops

as for being superstitious about mock walking my inlaws are the same they wont let me bring my pram into the house til baby is born therefore it lives at my mums til then
    We hired one from the ambulance for $60. The ambulance officer told us that a capsule is the safest for a new born and he even fitted it for us. I know newborn car seats are heap safe but we will be hiring again purely for the convenience of it. I'm not a stay at home sort of a person so getting him in and out without waking him. And I could put the capsule with him in it into a shopping trolley which was really handy too.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post

i would love for baby to have my DHs italian olive skin and my blue eyes - we shall see!!

Another superstitious thing - if I talk about food and then don't eat that type of food (even if it's not a craving) I'm not allowed to touch my face - causes birthmarks apparently lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    one of my sisters in law would carry on about it being bad luck all the time we told her she was mental and then my other sister in law found a cheap pram on sale bought it and went into premature labour at 17 weeks and lost baby. Probably just a coincidence but if I took the pram home and anything happened I would hear a lot of I told you so, So I just leave it at mums though I dont think there is any evidence behind it. Just old wives tale.

Ok so ladies I am going to start a bit of a controversial topic hear some people are for and some are dead against but I am interested to hear thoughts on people who are having boys whether they are getting them circumcised. As I said bit controversial I know some people have very strong feeling against it. Personally I am getting my boy done. My husband is done, all the men in my family are done and same with in laws. Not that I imagine boys will be pulling their things out. But I have read they need to clean behind the skin if they dont get it done now my two nephews you have to wrestle them to brush their teeth I cant imagine they would clean their wing wang correctly.
    Also I have known of a large number of little boys who have been done at around 5-10 years of age due to irritation infection and so forth I even know a man who only last year at 24 had to be done as everytime he would have sex with his soon to be wife it his foreskin would tear.
    Anyway what are peoples thoughts?
    Haven't given this one little bit of thought actually - My husband isn't so I doubt we will...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

4/6 of my nephews are circumcised. The other 2 have a bit of trouble with washing properly, heat aggravation (sweaty, grimy and the occasional infection etc) but seem to manage ok! It's such a personal choice. If I had a boy I am not sure what I'd do, but my 13 y/o nephew had to have his done - ouch... (if i was going to do it i would rather they didn't remember). There are so many views (don't flame me, this is just mine). It is the parents job to do what they think is best for their child considering their circumstances. I know its controversial with the whole (my body, my choice) but parents pierce their kids ears etc etc, and I do think MOST parents will do what they believe is in the best interest of the child... Tradition, religion or otherwise.