Closed Thread
Page 62 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

That's great news about your dog SL. One less thing to worry about and more time to focus on other things.

Gampa I really hope things work out the way you would like them too but if c sec is the way at least you know what your in for and you will know exactly when the big arrival will take place.

I'm so bored at work !!!! Have 39 days left ( working days) before we move up to Cairns ( that will be a fun drive at 30 weeks with a 3 year old).

Broom you mentioned your vs wouldnt replace 2 embryos. This is something I'm going to have to look into cause I'm 29 but have done 6 cycles so I'm hoping they will. I'm guessing frozen ones have a smaller sucessess rate ?

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    SL - So glad your pup is doing better. Expensive little buggers aren't they. And that's great that they have been able to do something about your nosebleeds without an op. Mind you I would hate to have any form of nose procedure done.

Meshell - I find myself absolutely buggered in the afternoon but wide awake at night when I actually want to go to sleep. I did go through a stage where every time I woke up to pee, which is a lot, it took me forever to go back to sleep, but seem to be past that now thankfully.

DragonFly - I have about 38 days of work too, and I can tell you now that the end can't come soon enough, I am so incredibly sick of it. Still tempted to take sick leave from a week earlier.

Had OB appointment yesterday, didn't put on as much as I thought, only about 700g in 3 weeks so didn't get in too much trouble. No GD HOORAY, but iron is a bit low. Seems my little Peanut is not so little after all, she is going to do a scan in a fortnight to see just how big she is. Gulp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    That's great news about your dog SL. One less thing to worry about and more time to focus on other things.

Gampa I really hope things work out the way you would like them too but if c sec is the way at least you know what your in for and you will know exactly when the big arrival will take place.

I'm so bored at work !!!! Have 39 days left ( working days) before we move up to Cairns ( that will be a fun drive at 30 weeks with a 3 year old).

Broom you mentioned your vs wouldnt replace 2 embryos. This is something I'm going to have to look into cause I'm 29 but have done 6 cycles so I'm hoping they will. I'm guessing frozen ones have a smaller sucessess rate ?

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub
    We did a 2 embryo transfer with this pregnancy. If we have to do IVF for the next and we have enough eggs, we will do 2 again (I've just turned 28). If we are blessed enough to have twins then if we decide to have more children, we will probably only do one - but that bridge will be crossed later on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Goodluck keeping your staffy still lol there are such crazy little things I personally loveeee staffies though dont know if I could have one just due to the energy levels and how much they must be around people I have seen them rip through fences and smash through windows to get outside and play with their owner. Loyalty I love it. Cuddles for your pup x
    I have a Sharpei(rolly dog) she sleeps when I sleep is actve when I am active and I am certain when I put her out the back yard to go to work she just goes to sleep in the sun

As for savings I am now wondering whether we have enough. I am sure I will be fine when baby comes I am just having panics of the unknown, I guess you never know what to expect hey.
    Glad to hear they have worked out the nose bleeds.
    Oh has anyones sleeping pattern changed. The last few nights I have woken at about 11.30 and do not drift back to sleep until about 2.30 its doing my head in though I dont feel tired. maybe body is getting ready for baby?
    Staffies are CRAZY but so gorgeous they just LOVE people. The notoriosly love children and absolutely adore my nephews but obviously a baby is different. We have taught them the word 'gentle' since they were born which we will be using A LOT but yeh a bit scared as they are little psychos!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    SL - So glad your pup is doing better. Expensive little buggers aren't they. And that's great that they have been able to do something about your nosebleeds without an op. Mind you I would hate to have any form of nose procedure done.

Meshell - I find myself absolutely buggered in the afternoon but wide awake at night when I actually want to go to sleep. I did go through a stage where every time I woke up to pee, which is a lot, it took me forever to go back to sleep, but seem to be past that now thankfully.

DragonFly - I have about 38 days of work too, and I can tell you now that the end can't come soon enough, I am so incredibly sick of it. Still tempted to take sick leave from a week earlier.

Had OB appointment yesterday, didn't put on as much as I thought, only about 700g in 3 weeks so didn't get in too much trouble. No GD HOORAY, but iron is a bit low. Seems my little Peanut is not so little after all, she is going to do a scan in a fortnight to see just how big she is. Gulp.
    So happy no GD for you! A bit intimidating how much bubs is growing isn't it!! At our 20 wk scan she told us that is was just under 500g....that's half a kilo already - eeeks! Maybe my DHs size is trending (all 10lbs of him when he was born)!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my OB appointment this morning, can't believe I am 27 weeks tomorrow! Bubba is doing great, however I am low in iron, doesn't help that I am a vegetarian, however I have been on additional iron tablets to see if this helps. Having a blood test next Wednesday to check levels and also my GD test. I also have to have an Anti D injection the same day, and another one at 34 weeks, as my blood type is A Neg, anyone else have to have this injection? Fingers crossed everything is ok next week and I can just relax for the remaining time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Staffies are CRAZY but so gorgeous they just LOVE people. The notoriosly love children and absolutely adore my nephews but obviously a baby is different. We have taught them the word 'gentle' since they were born which we will be using A LOT but yeh a bit scared as they are little psychos!!
    Thats funny, we taught ours "nice" she is nuts but I love her to pieces... I have been telling her lately that she will have to get used to a bub around but she will always be my first baby... hope she copes with less attention.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Thats funny, we taught ours "nice" she is nuts but I love her to pieces... I have been telling her lately that she will have to get used to a bub around but she will always be my first baby... hope she copes with less attention.
    Hehe I'm the same I keep telling them that baby's coming - they obviously don't get it lol although my husband reckons the older one knows - going to get a book & cd called 'Tell You're Dog You're Pregnant' - supposed to be fab - the cd comes with baby noises (cries, toys etc) to get them used to it. Another tip I learned is to buy a cheap blanket and use it on baby when it's newborn then get DH to take it home and give to the dogs so they recognize the smell when baby comes home. If anything my dogs will be getting more attention as I will be at home whereas now both my and DH work full time. They will be outside totally though (now they are outside probably 80% of the time anyway) - but we have a big pergola and large garden so plenty of room for them - plus I plan to take baby and doggies on walk every day which I'm looking forward to - not sure why I just wrote an essay on that lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard of the blanket before... I will have to look at getting the book/CD aswell... Raven is very much an inside dog and will remain that way after bub is born, she will just have to get used to being 2nd to bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought I'd start up a poll on what people are buying clothes wise for newborn baby...I was doing some research as I didn't know the difference between terms but now I am clued up!!

BABYGRO is the same thing as a GROWSUIT or a SLEEPSUIT - long arms and legs with or without in-built feet

BABYSUIT is the same thing as a BODYSUIT or VEST - no legs and can come either sleeveless, short sleeved or long sleeved

ROMPER SUIT is similar to a BABYSUIT but is generally for summer - with short sleeves and short legs

So this is what I think we are going to buy initially (research suggests buying in a couple of different sizes. I will probably buy 0000 and 000 to start.

6 x BABYGROs (will probably use for bedtime only) (4 x 0000 & 2 x 000)
    6 x BABYSUITS (4 x 0000 & 2 x 000)
    4 x T-Shirts (4 x 000)
    2 x Leggings (2 x 000)
    2 x Cardigans (button up at the front) (2 x 000)
    6 x Socks (newborn)
    1 x Mittens (newborn - will buy one pair only as I am looking at babygros and bodysuits that have folded down in built mittens)
    1 x Hat (newborn)
    2 x Wide Brimmed Sun Hat (infant size just in case we go out and about)
    8 Various Wraps / Cotton Blankets / Muslins
    1 x (box of 12) Huggies 'Little Swimmers' Nappies as I'd like to take bubs to the pool before summer is over (Small size which is 7-12KG)
    1 x (box of 108) Huggies Newborn Nappies (research suggests only buying one box and not in bulk)

I will buy everything above in neutral colours. Will also buy one boy and one girl specific special 'going home' outfits and take back the one we don't need.

Would love to get opinions and ideas on anything else : )