Closed Thread
Page 6 of 185 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Now have a new nephew. And he was a heifer. A huge 10 pound 2 ounces. didn't cry when born and still hadn't made a sound 2 hours later, not even when he got needless. and yet my nipples still started leaking a bit
    His name is Archer or Archie for short.
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Congrats! Hopefully your bub and the rest of ours won't be as big fingers crossed

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

SL what about if you just find exactly what you like for both sexes. Put money in an account and let the shop know exactly what you want. As soon as bub is born DH can go in and get the set you chose for the sex you have. If your going to be in hospital for a few days there would be heaps of time for him to set it up before you get home.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DRAGONFLY17 For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, I hope you don't mind if I jump on this thread? I've been away from BH for a while now, but it is so fantastic to see some familiar names from the cycle threads.
    I'm due on 23 January 2013 and know that we are having a little boy! No one else knows except for DH of course, but we want it to be a surprise for everyone else.
    I've been struggling with this pregnancy, and basically avoiding all things baby (mostly!), until I caved and searched BH for a thread like this! I've been on rest orders since week 14 - not strict bed rest, but I can't do anything much at all. I feel like a lazy blob most of the time, but people say, make the most of the rest while you can. Anyway, the reason why is that I have haematoma in my womb, discovered when I started bleeding at 14 weeks, I've bled/spotted nearly every day until 19 weeks, today is my 12th day without any bleeding or spotting. So I'm hoping it will vanish... apparently it does happen. The up side... weekly scans for a few weeks in a row and got to see my baby growing each week... he's a big baby, measuring a week larger then the dates, but IVF dates are so precise, they're keeping to the original date.
    I hadn't let myself 'feel pregnant' for the first trimester, had a week of pure enjoyment and thinking everything is fine, then wholly molely! We're actually not doing anything to prepare for baby at the moment... just in case & I hate that feeling.
    BUT - I love feeling the fluttering & bumps... sometimes I have to massage my belly, just so I can feel him and get reassured.
    SL - I'm practically the same weight as you! start till now, I put on heaps of weight in the first 10 weeks... I blame all the medications I was on until 12 weeks... 8 kg's, then in the last 8 weeks I've put on 2kg & can't exercise... Go figure!
    Even though I'm not buying anything yet for baby, I haven't managed to completely avoid all things baby... I just have to look sometimes! I love the "Hopscotch" design by Living Textiles. Actually, this brand has a lot of really cute things.
    Anyway, I've done it again... blabbered on in my first post on a new thread... hope no one minds!
    Take care beautiful ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Della77 View Post
    Hi Ladies, I hope you don't mind if I jump on this thread? I've been away from BH for a while now, but it is so fantastic to see some familiar names from the cycle threads.
    I'm due on 23 January 2013 and know that we are having a little boy! No one else knows except for DH of course, but we want it to be a surprise for everyone else.
    I've been struggling with this pregnancy, and basically avoiding all things baby (mostly!), until I caved and searched BH for a thread like this! I've been on rest orders since week 14 - not strict bed rest, but I can't do anything much at all. I feel like a lazy blob most of the time, but people say, make the most of the rest while you can. Anyway, the reason why is that I have haematoma in my womb, discovered when I started bleeding at 14 weeks, I've bled/spotted nearly every day until 19 weeks, today is my 12th day without any bleeding or spotting. So I'm hoping it will vanish... apparently it does happen. The up side... weekly scans for a few weeks in a row and got to see my baby growing each week... he's a big baby, measuring a week larger then the dates, but IVF dates are so precise, they're keeping to the original date.
    I hadn't let myself 'feel pregnant' for the first trimester, had a week of pure enjoyment and thinking everything is fine, then wholly molely! We're actually not doing anything to prepare for baby at the moment... just in case & I hate that feeling.
    BUT - I love feeling the fluttering & bumps... sometimes I have to massage my belly, just so I can feel him and get reassured.
    SL - I'm practically the same weight as you! start till now, I put on heaps of weight in the first 10 weeks... I blame all the medications I was on until 12 weeks... 8 kg's, then in the last 8 weeks I've put on 2kg & can't exercise... Go figure!
    Even though I'm not buying anything yet for baby, I haven't managed to completely avoid all things baby... I just have to look sometimes! I love the "Hopscotch" design by Living Textiles. Actually, this brand has a lot of really cute things.
    Anyway, I've done it again... blabbered on in my first post on a new thread... hope no one minds!
    Hi Della

Great to see you on here!! Congratulations it's a boy!!

What a totally scary time you must be going through but good to here you've nearly had two weeks free of bleeding. That would be so great to see baby boy each week! I ate SO much in the first trimester and didn't exercise really at all as I was freaked out something would happen! Since 12 weeks I've had a head virus, plus the flu, plus now I've past the 16 week mark I am SO tired. I'm 'planning' on going for my first swim tonight as it is 22 today so nice and warm but we'll see lol!

Off to my OB appointment in 40 mins can't wait to hear bubs HB again

Welcome to the thread : )

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

Della77  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Della! And huge congrats! good to see you here!

bad news for me
    I think I have GD again. I failed the second test

8. The Following User Says Thank You to adden For This Useful Post:

Della77  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Welcome Della, it's horrible to live in limbo. I hope you can start to enjoy your pregnancy soon.

Adden that sux balls! What will you have to do to manage GD?

Meshell we must be built very similar, I'm also 58kgs at 14weeks. I'm losing weight this week.

I'm having a mental health week I think this mental health week is going to last until after the amnio. I'm not coping very well, hopefully results come back negative for Trisomy 21.

I have also been told I have to be monitored in the third trimester closely to make sure the placenta is still functioning ok. Oh nothing is ever easy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone!

Della welcome and i too hope you get to start enjoying the pregnancy soon.

KMVW - I feel for you having to wait for this amnio, i wish we could hurry up time for you!

Adden- that is no good...you poor thing.

Afm - been very busy with work. Just popped on the weekend and now have a little pregnant belly! Its really weird. Im not sure how much weight i have put on as i havent weighed in since week 12, a that point i had put on 2kg. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning and check.

16 weeks on Sat, and then a scan next week on Thurs, im looking fwd to the scan to hear th heartbeat and see the bean again, it always seems like forever between scans.

I am still debating whether to find out if its pink or blue. Both DH & I think its a boy.....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicsta83 For This Useful Post:

Della77  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Della77 View Post
    Welcome della. Sounds like u had a rough start but 12th day with no bleeding is great!

We are also expecting a baby boy We went shopping on Sunday and
    lay-by'd all our large items. We got the hopscotch design by textiles! I loved it too.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherwillbe For This Useful Post:

Della77  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    oh adden you poor dear so what do they do with GD sorry I am naive to it all
    depends
    and its ok to ask... i knew nothing about it before I had it!
    so, last time I was on insulin. Thats the worst. I tried to diet/exercise control it and my body just didn't respond the way it should
    so, I was giving myself 3 injections on insulin a day (just like IVF - in the tummy.. but I had a baby in it, so it sux!!!!!) and i tested my sugars 4x a day (finger prick and blood testing machine thing)
    you also have to keep a food diary and i was under a dietician and a GD dr as well as my OB
    later in the pregnancy i was monitored at hospital because they were worried about the baby. i had to go in 2 times a week and lay down with monitors on for about 20 mins. Also, weekly ultra sounds
    just praying like crazy i can control it with diet and exercise this time... its really not fun!!!!!!!
    plus, they have no answers for me cause i have no pre existing reason to get it. no family history and not overweight.
    sorry to ramble.. I'm not very happy!
    My OB hasn't called yet.. I'm just waiting for that call.
    glad im in the study, but if i have to go on insulin i can't complete it which sux cause i love having a personal trainer 3x a week
    other than that.. I'm doing great! haha!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Attended 1st class of calm birthing tonight with DH, very well worth doing! And my SIL is in labour so good timing for hubby to become knowledgable. I highly recommend classes for hubby's who need to know they are important during birthing

Welcome Della really hope your experience takes a turn for the better and becomes less stressful.

Kmvw- good luck may time hurry for you.

Congrats grebbecci on nephew, your babies will be close in age same as ours.. My niece or nephew should arrive any minute now!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

Della77  (12-09-2012)