Closed Thread
Page 59 of 185 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

I have had a top loader Fisher & Paykel for 7 years and it hasn't missed a beat.

A few weeks ago I was fretting I hadn't felt the baby move for a few days, I thought it was odd since the week before it was doing workouts everyday. I was nearly going to call the midwife but decided since it was fairly early maybe it had its back to me. I think it probably did, but I spoke to my sister and she did say around the same time hers also went quiet for a few days here and there. Maybe they go through growth spurts and just sleep most of the time. This week it has been active for a few days then i won't feel anything for a day or so. So maybe it is growing.

Dh finally felt the baby kicking! Previous to feeling it he has been watching it move but every time he puts his hand on the baby well it stops!

I hosted my sisters high tea baby shower yesterday and it was such a nice afternoon, omg the amount of gifts she received was ridiculous! I told her to stop buying clothes months ago, so I think her baby will be wearing a new outfit everyday until its one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry girls I am going to have to go against eveyone on the washing machine front... I have a Miele front loader and I love it! Its great on the clothes, and I have never lost an underwire... I can't fault it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Sorry girls I am going to have to go against eveyone on the washing machine front... I have a Miele front loader and I love it! Its great on the clothes, and I have never lost an underwire... I can't fault it
    I have a Miele too.. I love it for 'normal things'
    thing I don't like - you can't pause it! So, like today, if the water needs to be turned off at the mains you have to stop the whole cycle (it was halfway through!)
    also, you can't do a soak cycle like my old machine did. It was just better for nappies!
    Saying that, its amazing for a normal cycle and fits so much in and I have never been frustrated with anything apart from that
    Love that it fits under the dryer too.. that saves a lot of bench space!
    ok, i like my front loader.. just don't like loading it and unloading it!! haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    I have had a top loader Fisher & Paykel for 7 years and it hasn't missed a beat.

A few weeks ago I was fretting I hadn't felt the baby move for a few days, I thought it was odd since the week before it was doing workouts everyday. I was nearly going to call the midwife but decided since it was fairly early maybe it had its back to me. I think it probably did, but I spoke to my sister and she did say around the same time hers also went quiet for a few days here and there. Maybe they go through growth spurts and just sleep most of the time. This week it has been active for a few days then i won't feel anything for a day or so. So maybe it is growing.

Dh finally felt the baby kicking! Previous to feeling it he has been watching it move but every time he puts his hand on the baby well it stops!

I hosted my sisters high tea baby shower yesterday and it was such a nice afternoon, omg the amount of gifts she received was ridiculous! I told her to stop buying clothes months ago, so I think her baby will be wearing a new outfit everyday until its one!
    aww that's so nice that you hosted a shower for your sister. I was talking to DH and definitely not having one - just because pretty much all my girlfriends are my husbands friends wives and none of them had one and it's not traditional for greeks (which they are) to have one or italians (my husbands family) so it's out - will just be pressies at the hospital for me : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the feedback on the washing machines ladies. We have a very small laundry with no bench (literally a space for a washing machine and a laundry sink) so the sizing doesn't matter. I'm hoping to have more pregnancies plus I suffer from mild scoliosis in my back as it is so top loaders are also more ergonomically friendly I guess.

I think I have narrowed it down to 2 LG ones and 2 Fisher & Paykel ones. Now for some bargain hunting : )

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback on the washing machines ladies. We have a very small laundry with no bench (literally a space for a washing machine and a laundry sink) so the sizing doesn't matter. I'm hoping to have more pregnancies plus I suffer from mild scoliosis in my back as it is so top loaders are also more ergonomically friendly I guess.

I think I have narrowed it down to 2 LG ones and 2 Fisher & Paykel ones. Now for some bargain hunting : )
    Don't get Fisher and paykel.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the Samsung one is back on the list now......fisher and paykel no good?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post

Don't get Fisher and paykel.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate my front loader.... my top loader died 3 years ago and I wanted a washer dryer so we got a front loader. I have a cat and dog, it is so hard to clean it and get all the lint out it drives me crazy. Its going to be worse when the baby arrives, but surely by then DH will cave and let me at least get a top loader! I'm very jealous SL!!

Are you guys getting prams with bassinets? I walk alot with the dog and plan on walking but unsure if it is a waste of money to get the bassinet as most prams fully recline. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post

This exact same thing happens to my DH, he is starting to get a complex about it!

When is your sister due? that will be great to have cousins so close together!