Closed Thread
Page 53 of 185 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Amy - very sorry about the BIL, hope it all goes well.

I just saw that the App is back....amazing! I havent tried it out yet but i will when i get home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Our ICSI was for MFI aswell. DH has an unpredictable number of swimmers, but it's never many, the most he has measured at was 2000, and most of them were gumby ones. First cycle we did we only got 4 eggs and needed 2 samples to fertilise them.

Amy - Hope your BIL recovers quickly and they get all the cancer. The guy I work with has just been transferred to Sydney today to have a large mass removed off his lung today too. Pray that someone is watching over all these guys.

Adden - Totally jealous of falling off both cycles We got 1 embryo from our first stim cycle and 7 day 5's from our 2nd. My clinic will only implant 1 and Peanut was conceived from the 4th embryo of the 2nd cycle. I think it's funny that we still have 3 left and so technically could still have quads. lol.

My brother left for Afghanistan yesterday so I have been quite emotional the last couple of days. We asked him and my SIL to be peanut's godparents so hopefully he gets back safe.
    Thats lovely that he will be the god parent, i hope he comes back all safe and sound. I would be very emotional is my brother was going there so its understandable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did ICSI because of male factor, DH had lazy buggers who wanted to sit on the couch. DH wanted to try IVF but i was too scared and the doc said IVF was a much less chance...

I really dont know many who have just the normal IVF, most the friends i know and when i was on the other forums did ICSI.

Worked out my maternity leave with work yesterday (in terms of my entitlements) and i have to say i was impressed and very happy with the amount ill get paid for 3 months. I looked at DH's policy and if i worked there i would only get 12 months unpaid leave, they dont offer anymore on top of the gov.

For the ladies who are working does your organisation offer paid mat leave?

Anyway ladies im going to leave work now and do a little bit of shopping then go home!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

We did ICSI for unexplained infertility, however our FS took a chance with our 10 eggs, they ICSI'd 5 and left the other 5 to "mother nature". All 5 ICSI fertilized and not one of the others did! From that we ended up with 2 x 5 day blasts. One fresh (current pregnancy) and one in the freezer. On the paid mat leave front, I am very lucky, I get a full 18 weeks paid by my employer, and will then take my accrued entitlements. All of which I am doing at half pay, so don't have to go back until the end of 2013! YAY! We couldn't afford for me to take time off without any income :-(

Thanks
    Reviews

Amy sorry to hear your BIL is not well. My DH had a Thoracotomy to remove numerous tumours from his lungs last year, it's a horrible operation but hopefully the outcome will be well worth it.

We have also done ICSI due to cancer severely effecting dh's count, motility and morphology. Actually we just don't know if it has always just been a bad count etc previous to cancer. Due to chemo it's much worse now and wouldn't chance using fresh as chemo causes DNA damage.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

AmyEL  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I get 12 weeks paid from my employer... so will be taking that at half pay to get me through a little longer... after that we will be a single income family untill all our kids are at school... I am very lucky that my DH supports this and that we can afford it, it will probably mean to big holidays for a while but it will be worth it in the end.

We used ICSI because of MFI... seems to be very common.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call

Due in January 2013
    4th - Smyles
    7th - Kell72
    10th - LillyPonds
    10th - Grebbeci
    10th - Motherwillbe
    15th - Mammainwaiting
    16th - Beta
    23rd - MrsP
    23rd - Nala9000
    23rd - Della77
    24th - Beeanksta
    25th - ivfmum09
    28th - Mrs E 116
    29th - khutch (csect)

Due in February 2013
    6th - Meshell23
    6th - Broomdyke
    7th - jparness
    8th - gampa
    16th - Bindi1
    19th - SL1009
    21st - Nebiskus
    22nd - Dextersmum
    24th - AmyEL
    27th - Crafty45

Due in March 2013
    2nd -Dragonfly17
    2nd -Bambean
    2nd - Nicsta83
    7th - Adden
    11th - Kmvw
    13th - Rafiki (twins, Proberly come mid Feb)
    15th - Mrs Simmo
    21st - Rachael3 (twins, most likely due 5th)

Due in April 2013
    1st - Calli202

Our Precious Angels
    Mich4761
    Bronwyn

Scans & Appointments
    Rafiki - 19 week scan, 19th October
    Rachael3 - 19 week scan, 23rd October
    Kmvw - 20 Week Scan, 25th October
    Mrs Simmo - 20 week scan, 29th October
    Grebbeci - Ob appt 23rd October

What Your Expecting Roll Call

Boy!!!

Motherwillbe
    Beta - ICSI
    MESHELL23 - HB 140-148, ICSI
    Della77

Girl!!!

Grebbeci - ICSI
    Beeanksta - ICSI
    Mrsoptomistic - ICSI
    Nicsta83 - ICSIAdden - ICSI

Surprise!!!
    LillyPonds
    Gampa
    SL1009 - ICSI with CID
    AmyEL

To make changes, just reply with quote and make the changes and then remove the "quote" sentence at the beginning and end of the post. Please make sure you have the very last list to avoid other Mummies to be from being dropped off .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best Wishes to your family Amy, I hope your BIL's operation is successful.

We were booked in for ICSI due to the male factors, but the scientist decided the sperm looked really good and just set them free! also based on our past history of conceiving naturally. Out of 21 eggs 17 fertilised, scientist told me that one egg was lost due to 2 sperm penetrating - didn't think that happened! Even though this is my third baby, I've technically been pregnant 6 times. I sometimes wonder if the MC's were caused by gumby sperm, but then again I suppose they shouldn't have been able to penetrate the egg in the first place.

Just so grateful to be pregnant with this little bean and can't wait until he joins our lives.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Della77 For This Useful Post:

AmyEL  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

We did PICSI due to unexplained infertility and failed IVF cycles. Surprised that PICSI hasn't been used, this was a no brainer for us but great to see the success of ICSI.

Only 6 days to go till we find out the sex of our two beautiful bubs...can't wait!
    Last edited by Rachael3; 17-10-2012 at 18:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We didn't have the option of PICSI with our clinic. They may have it now though. The egg collection that our Peanut is from was from 2010 though.

I work for the family business (well, my mum and dad's business) so there is no paid maternity leave from them over here. At the moment they seem to be trying their hardest to make my life a living hell, I can't wait to finish and absolutely HATE going to work at the moment.