Closed Thread
Page 52 of 185 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    goodness Meshell - you have done well!
    Im not sure if I should get winter or summer clothes.. maybe a combination of both? DS was 4 weeks early but I'm due 7th march - so cooling down a bit, but what if she is early!
    going to go through DS's clothes to see what I can recycle for her.. I have some neutral stuff, and I'm not having a baby shower, so its easy to know what i have then go out and get what i don't have!
    i ramble!
    I just had some good news this arvo- my braces should be off in 5 weeks! yayayayayayayayayayyayayayayayayaya
    sorry, I'm a bit over them at the moment. A year is a long time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh Meshell, don't be scared! You will be fine!

Babies really feel the cold. they are in such a warm cozy place in our tummys are are cold in this world. I had Eli in blankets in summer too cause with aircon on it gets cool. I keep his room at around 22/23 Degrees all year if i can.
    he is now sleeping in long sleeves and a gro bag - even in summer.

I found the target waffle type blankets the best. they are light but heavy - he loved the weight on him when he was little.
    i had him in a onesie, then a wrap then a blanket over the top of him.
    they will show you in hospital.
    good rule of thumb that i heard, they need one more layer than you do.
    that includes your bed - and look at how thick our donnas are!

not everyone agrees with me, but thats what i did and it worked. I found he woke a lot when he was little cause he was too cold.
    play it all by ear and you will get to learn what your baby likes.

im scared the second time round too.. it was 2 years ago i did all this.. you forget!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all just did a major catch up - to those of you who have know lost babies due to toxo - so sorry for your losses. It may not be as rare as people say and whilst I don't have any cats or do gardening much I might just throw in the conversation next time with my OB.

Playing music to bubs specifically we haven't been doing but baby has heard that Gangnam song a million times. Last night it was on X Factor and I swear to God baby started jumping around after it finished, then this morning it was kicking heaps when it was on Sunrise!! I have been reading to bubs every night.

Last night I actually sat and watched my belly move and it was a little crazy - DH put his hand on my tummy this morning and felt a MASSIVE kick - probably the biggest one - it freaked him out a bit lol!

We went through the Colarado protocol using ICSI and also CID. HB currently at 135 but we are keeping the sex a surprise. Adden congrats on a girl

Sounds like lots of you are doing a good job on shopping - we have hardly done any, but have pretty much done the research and know what we are getting. I haven't bought ANY clothes at all - I can't believe it actually lol!!

I said I was going to post a list of all my researched stuff actually will I will definitely do in the next week or two.

Hope your week is going well so far - half way through, so only 8 and a half weeks left for me - and counting : )

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gee there's a lot of people doing ICSI these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Gee there's a lot of people doing ICSI these days.
    I was thinking the same thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another emotional day for me... my BIL is in having his lung removed today, he has cancer so its part of the treatment the are trying to get rid of it. Very much thinking of my sister and my nephews, I think the hormones are helping me to tear up very easily at the moment!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amy - im so sorry. Praying everything goes well for him. I understand about the emotions, its so easy to cry these days.. let alone having something like that to go though. Thinking of your family today.

We did a cycle for DS and didn't use icsi.. it was a more successful cycle than this one, in the terms of we got 3 embies at day 5 and ICSI only left us with 1.
    saying that, we got pregnant from each cycle, so I'm not complaining at all!!!!!! Its just strange that my Dr said ICSI would be better for us. mmm.. no idea about why it wasn't!

I soooo want to go shopping! I think tomorrow will be a bit of a shop day DS is in day care, so I'm going to hit the shops (and also prepare dinner for 10 people, yep, crazy!)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to adden For This Useful Post:

AmyEL  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our ICSI was for MFI aswell. DH has an unpredictable number of swimmers, but it's never many, the most he has measured at was 2000, and most of them were gumby ones. First cycle we did we only got 4 eggs and needed 2 samples to fertilise them.

Amy - Hope your BIL recovers quickly and they get all the cancer. The guy I work with has just been transferred to Sydney today to have a large mass removed off his lung today too. Pray that someone is watching over all these guys.

Adden - Totally jealous of falling off both cycles We got 1 embryo from our first stim cycle and 7 day 5's from our 2nd. My clinic will only implant 1 and Peanut was conceived from the 4th embryo of the 2nd cycle. I think it's funny that we still have 3 left and so technically could still have quads. lol.

My brother left for Afghanistan yesterday so I have been quite emotional the last couple of days. We asked him and my SIL to be peanut's godparents so hopefully he gets back safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Another emotional day for me... my BIL is in having his lung removed today, he has cancer so its part of the treatment the are trying to get rid of it. Very much thinking of my sister and my nephews, I think the hormones are helping me to tear up very easily at the moment!
    Big hugs and prayers to your family Amy - thinking of you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

AmyEL  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call

Due in January 2013
    4th - Smyles
    7th - Kell72
    10th - LillyPonds
    10th - Grebbeci
    10th - Motherwillbe
    15th - Mammainwaiting
    16th - Beta
    23rd - MrsP
    23rd - Nala9000
    24th - Beeanksta
    25th - ivfmum09
    28th - Mrs E 116
    29th - khutch (csect)

Due in February 2013
    6th - Meshell23
    6th - Broomdyke
    7th - jparness
    8th - gampa
    16th - Bindi1
    19th - SL1009
    21st - Nebiskus
    22nd - Dextersmum
    24th - AmyEL
    27th - Crafty45

Due in March 2013
    2nd -Dragonfly17
    2nd -Bambean
    2nd - Nicsta83
    7th - Adden
    11th - Kmvw
    13th - Rafiki (twins, Proberly come mid Feb)
    15th - Mrs Simmo
    21st - Rachael3 (twins, most likely due 5th)

Due in April 2013
    1st - Calli202

Our Precious Angels
    Mich4761
    Bronwyn

Scans & Appointments
    Rafiki - 19 week scan, 19th October
    Rachael3 - 19 week scan, 23rd October
    Kmvw - 20 Week Scan, 25th October
    Mrs Simmo - 20 week scan, 29th October
    Grebbeci - Ob appt 23rd October

What Your Expecting Roll Call

Boy!!!

Motherwillbe
    Beta - ICSI
    MESHELL23 - HB 140-148, ICSI

Girl!!!

Grebbeci - ICSI
    Beeanksta - ICSI
    Mrsoptomistic - ICSI
    Nicsta83 - ICSIAdden - ICSI

Surprise!!!
    LillyPonds
    Gampa
    SL1009 - ICSI with CID
    AmyEL

To make changes, just reply with quote and make the changes and then remove the "quote" sentence at the beginning and end of the post. Please make sure you have the very last list to avoid other Mummies to be from being dropped off .