Closed Thread
Page 48 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Who wants to make me feel better?

It was hubby's birthday yesterday and we went to his parents for dinner. I picked up some lovely cupcakes from Joy (cupcake shop in Melbourne). Anyway - I proceeded to eat a lemon meringue cupcake. It was only afterwards that I freaked out - it had a soft meringue frosting on the top....raw eggs??? aarrgggghhhh!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on the Tiffany's ring Adden what a lovely surprise!

Its our 1st anniversary on Monday and I'm getting an eternity ring, can't wait for that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Congrats on the Tiffany's ring Adden what a lovely surprise!

Its our 1st anniversary on Monday and I'm getting an eternity ring, can't wait for that!
    Congratulations! We celebrated our 1st Anniversary a month ago....hoping to get my eternity ring at some point next year though - all funds are going to bubs right now!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Who wants to make me feel better?

It was hubby's birthday yesterday and we went to his parents for dinner. I picked up some lovely cupcakes from Joy (cupcake shop in Melbourne). Anyway - I proceeded to eat a lemon meringue cupcake. It was only afterwards that I freaked out - it had a soft meringue frosting on the top....raw eggs??? aarrgggghhhh!!!
    Don't worry about the meringue at all, did you feel sick after? Our bodies are pretty good at picking these things up! Also a place like that would go through so many eggs so they would be fresh plus meringue doesn't last long looking pretty on top of a cup cake so would have been done that day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Adden - That's a lovely surprise from hubby. A tiffany ring would be gorgeous.
    My wedding and engagement ring got stolen from my gym about 4 years ago. The engagement ring was well over insured and we thought that it would cover the replacement of both but the cost of the ring had gone up so much that it only just covered the engagement ring. By the time we could order the wedding ring the company that supplied it had gone bust and we couldn't afford to get it custom made. 4 years later I still haven't got my ring (despite DH claiming last anniversary that he was going to go and get it). IVF has sucked out all our funds and we still can't afford it. With bubs coming and me not going to work next year then I don't know if we will ever be able to afford it. Biggest and only regret of my life was losing that ring.
    Nicsta - YAY! another for team pink

SL- ! am sure that the meringue would have been fine. It's actually VERY rare to catch anything from them.

Still pottering along over here. Getting fatter. Have GTT test next week, was meant to be this week but my work is turning into a living hell and I couldn't get out at all. Absolutely counting down until I can go on mat leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Adden - That's a lovely surprise from hubby. A tiffany ring would be gorgeous.
    My wedding and engagement ring got stolen from my gym about 4 years ago. The engagement ring was well over insured and we thought that it would cover the replacement of both but the cost of the ring had gone up so much that it only just covered the engagement ring. By the time we could order the wedding ring the company that supplied it had gone bust and we couldn't afford to get it custom made. 4 years later I still haven't got my ring (despite DH claiming last anniversary that he was going to go and get it). IVF has sucked out all our funds and we still can't afford it. With bubs coming and me not going to work next year then I don't know if we will ever be able to afford it. Biggest and only regret of my life was losing that ring.
    Nicsta - YAY! another for team pink

SL- ! am sure that the meringue would have been fine. It's actually VERY rare to catch anything from them.

Still pottering along over here. Getting fatter. Have GTT test next week, was meant to be this week but my work is turning into a living hell and I couldn't get out at all. Absolutely counting down until I can go on mat leave.
    Grebbeci you poor thing what a horrible thing to have happen! I'm sure you will get your ring again one day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Friday Morning Ladies : )

This week has absolutely flown! Looking forward to an exciting weekend; got my birthday tomorrow, but more excitedly, the baby expo - very excited hehe!! It was DHs birthday on Wednesday, so tomorrow night we've got his family coming over to celebrate both our birthdays. Looking forward to birthday cake (yummy lemon tart I've ordered and must remember to pick up today lol), presents and lots of baby stuff!

Feeling way less panicked about the whole meringue thing - I think I'm just over paranoid - we've come this far just anything tiny seems such a risk!! Had the dentist yesterday morning too so that it out the way for another 6 months - yahoo!

Not much else to report - hope you all have a great weekend.

Oh - and I finish up work 9 weeks today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning All,

We had our 20 week scan yesterday, it went well, it was great to see bub again... the Dr thinks its going to be a tall one!

Happy Friday everyone! 10 weeks till I finish work!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot to say that the heart beat was 127bpm... so in boy category now, we have always been in girl category!! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good one Amy - so glad to hear so obviously kept with the surprise as well then...

It's amazing how much the HB slows down isnt it? Just think only a couple of months ago we were above 170 and now down to 135 - crazy!