Closed Thread
Page 45 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm finishing up at 30 weeks and 5 days... 21st December... I am using all my leave till I finish and will start my paid maternity leave on 2nd January, I will be getting half pays for 24 weeks from my work so probably why I can justify leaving earlier.

My number 1 reason for finishing up early is so that I can spend time with my family before the craziness starts, my brother in law has cancer so I would like to be able to help my sister out as much as I can before bub comes, she has a 2.5 year old and a 20 week old bub so has a busy life. Then also spend time with my other neices and nephews before my priorities shift... Also I am in Perth and it can get really hot in summer so I don't want to have to rush off to work everyday! My DH is very supportive of the reasons why I want to finish when I do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We plan on taking the 2 Weeks partners leave, as long as bubs can hold on until after Jan 1. So sick of working already. Thinking its worse cause I don't plan on going back. I do work for the family business though so it should be fairly flexible to mauve work from home 1 or 2 days a week after mat leave runs out. every day I go to work the idea of leaving 2 Weeks earlier and using sick leave is looking more appealing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, just checking in, I haven't been on for a while because of the app problems! I am 23 weeks and doing ok, sounds like everyone is looking forward to leaving work! I'm in the opposite scenario, i wish i could stay longer but my OB said no more work from today...! Not looking forward to the next trimester and am praying I hold on till at least 34 weeks! it's I guessing game for me ATM. So, I can imagine I'll get bored stiff soon - anyone recommend any good books?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope your ok there? Are you on bed rest?

Get some 50 shades of grey going... First book shocked me as I had no idea what it was about at all...never read any reviews, so it was a surprise! But a great story line, fast paced page turner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meshell so now what....do you have to fill them in again? I have just started going through them, not happy that i have to supply original copies of passport/citizenship certificate...hmm

Anyway ill leave it a couple more weeks until I submit, maybe ill even call them and get some advice. Its a mine field!

MrsOptomistic - I hope the time goes quick, i also would be worried i would get bored. Maybe a few good books and good TV series will pass some of the time. I am also annoyed there is no App...i wonder how much longer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    Are you able to get the baby bonus then if you can't get the govt mat leave? I'm sure you know but self emp can get the govt mat leave, I don't know much about it and it is very much a learning curve.
    No I don't qualify as the mat leave is means tested even for self employed so I don't qualify. Similarly the baby bonus. It means it forces me to go back to work early after baby.vwith my first I went back at 12 weeks. This one I'm hoping we have enough saved to go back at 6 months if I'm lucky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sux Gampa! I hope you can take as much time as you need, I know I wasnt getting any sleep at 6 months, let alone 12 weeks, I don't know how women do it! Nala, it's funny you say that, my sister just gave me the 3 shades of gray books, I am going to try to read slowly..., I just read the Hunger Games series of 3 books in literally 3 days! It's teen fiction but I really enjoyed it, was really easy to read. Thanks Nictsa and Meshell, I am hoping I'll be ok, but with a 34 week delivery a "hopeful" outcome for my OB, is a bit worrying. I just keep thinking, healthy baby is all I care about! I now really need to get my backside into gear and sort out the baby's room and everything else! Unfortunately there is limited choice up here and we don't get many baby shows either...!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post
    That sux Gampa! I hope you can take as much time as you need, I know I wasnt getting any sleep at 6 months, let alone 12 weeks, I don't know how women do it! Nala, it's funny you say that, my sister just gave me the 3 shades of gray books, I am going to try to read slowly..., I just read the Hunger Games series of 3 books in literally 3 days! It's teen fiction but I really enjoyed it, was really easy to read. Thanks Nictsa and Meshell, I am hoping I'll be ok, but with a 34 week delivery a "hopeful" outcome for my OB, is a bit worrying. I just keep thinking, healthy baby is all I care about! I now really need to get my backside into gear and sort out the baby's room and everything else! Unfortunately there is limited choice up here and we don't get many baby shows either...!

Sorry I may have missed something, why u on bed rest and why do they think it's coming early?vsorry if I'm asking something you've already explained. And if you don't wana explain that cool too!!! Hope you ok.vwha do you have at home? My first didn't sleep til 18 months thru the night - nearly killed me but you get used to it I think by 12 months. There's a new book out by ken follet. It's over 1000 pages - I've just bought it. It's fab.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meshell - that is sooo annoying. Ill take on your advice and not submit until 3 months before.

I tried online but i got annoyed, maybe i wasnt doing it right.......ill ask a friend who has done it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a pregnant moment earlier today! I rang our hospital to book our antenatal class and make sure they had received my paperwork... The lady I was speaking to was very matter of fact, not overly friendly but polite... anyway... I booked the preadmission interview, which was fine, then I asked about booking our antenatal class and she gave me the dates in January that she thought would be best... she thought December was too early and then Feb was way too late... the dates she gave me when I looked at my calendar had my DH working so I asked for other days, she gave me a date in December, but again he was working... she then tried to get me to look at a Wednesday class, but as my DH works away that wouldn't work either, she really didn't seem to understand my problem and wasn't helpful... I had to quickly get off the phone as I was about to cry... I couldn't see anyway around it! DH can't take leave as he is taking leave when bub arrives...

I text my DH and told him what was happening... I was going to call him on his lunch break so I called the hospital back to write down the dates, not sure whether it was me or her the first time but the second conversation I checked the dates against his roster and he is home... crisis over!

I feel silly for over reacting but on the other hand, I couldn't bare to do the class without my DH especially since its our first bub...

What a day!!