Closed Thread
Page 34 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    How was the scan SL? Did you find out the sex?
    Morning Rachael

Scan was great really exciting to say bubs so much bigger - we didn't find out the sex in the end and I don't feel disappointed or anything - I think because we had to make the decision at the time that it was a big deal but I'm happy not knowing! My DH was having a good hard look and reckons he knows what it is but says he won't tell me lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been a quiet weekend on the thread - hope all is going well with everyone.

Hope the Sydney expo was good - I can't wait for the Melbourne one in a couple of weeks (we're going on my birthday)...

Mixed weekend - Hawthorn lost (awww very sad) BUT in WAY more exciting news I felt bubs kick (or punch) from the outside for the first time on Saturday - DH is yet to catch one though I'm sure he will soon - so exciting such an amazing feeling - absolutely thrilled : )

Have a great Monday and week ahead - I've got to force myself to get motivated to get some actual work done today hopefully the day will go quickly then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Morning ladies hope everyone is having a lovely weekend
    SL well done on not finding out sex I admire people who don't I don't have that much self control. My lil boy has become very active over the last few days my sister had her hand on my belly Saturday night and felt him kick she was the first person. Then Sunday morning I made Hubby lay in bed with his hand on my belly and baby kicked him really hard I feel a little better Hubby has felt it now
    That's so exciting I'm hoping my hubby can feel a nice big kick in the next few days - he always has really warm hands whereas mine are always cold so maybe when he puts his hand on my belly he soothes bubs lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this thread is very quiet at the moment (I seem to be posting a lot - sorry) but I have a question. When you take baby to someone's house, what do you 'sit' them in - do you carry around one of those rocker / bouncers, or just sit them in a capsule or pram - I guess it depends on how long you are going to be out for but surely if you wanted to take a rocker / bouncer it would have to be lightweight to be able to take around with you...any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With everything I had to remember with a new born and being a first time mum, I always just put him in the capsule (easier even than the pram). You end up carrying so much, its not easy to bring everything.
    I have friends who have kids, so they sometimes had a bouncer
    I had a sling last time too, but this time I'm looking at an ergo. I carried him in that when he woke up!
    I also have a beanbag thing (its not a bean bag at all.. its a big pillow) and that was taken when we went out for a whole day.
    I also hired the bassinet from the hospital which has a clear bassinet thing on tall wheels. I took the clear part to mums for christmas as he wasn't in a portacot yet and it was light weight enough to take with us (and we took home all the presents in it!) They aren't meant to have too many sleeps in a capsule.. something to do with the spine??
    its all what works for you.. again, sorry for the essay

6. The Following User Says Thank You to adden For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (01-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been looking around at bouncers - come across this 'Bright Stars Ingenious Automatic Bouncer' range and haven't found a bad review yet - supposedly they're up there with the best of them - any experiences???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Didn't get to go to the baby show, we had tickets but woke up on Saturday with a migraine and ended up at the medical centre for them to check me as I also had some strange stinging sensations down below and turns out I also have a UTI Not impressed. now on antibotics and lots and lots of water. We where so upset we missed the show though, not sure there is another one before bubs comes.

The upside is I have 4 days left of work whoo hoo! very very excited. So over it and can't wait to not be on my feet all day outside as the heat is now starting to get to me.

SL glad your scan was good, and you decided to wait, its kid of a bit easier now you have made that decision hey? As for bouncers, we have been given back our maclaren rocker/bouncer that also vibrates. Bought it for my SIL and she loved it, used if it all the time, it has handles so you can easily carry it. I hadn't actually thought about what you do, I guess we will use the stroller which will have a bassinet adaptor or the maclaren.

Hope you have all enjoyed your long weekend. We had a massive clean out yesterday as people where over for the NRL so both shattered after our tip run and a night finishing at 2am. early night for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls... I'm back to work tomorrow... Wish I still had time left!! Hope you're all well XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sl target have the bright stars bouncers on sale at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    nala, so jealous you only have 4 days of work left. I have 10 Weeks left. But may take sick leave for 2 Weeks before that if it starts getting too hot. That sucks you couldn't make it to the baby show, don't think the nextone is until February.