Closed Thread
Page 28 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Excellent that is fine thanks ladies I have hospital appointment next week and then I think I will have a couple of GP appointments. When is GD test usually done also do you have any other scans after 20 weeks?
    GD is done anywhere around 26-28 weeks
    I had weekly scans from 30 weeks cause I had GD, so would like to know too! I have no idea about a 'normal' pregnancy! My levels have been good (went to a party on the weekend and ate crap and my levels were perfect!!) I'm just praying for a normal go this time with no insulin!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Excellent that is fine thanks ladies I have hospital appointment next week and then I think I will have a couple of GP appointments. When is GD test usually done also do you have any other scans after 20 weeks?
    Meshell I think the GD test is the glucose test? And that is around 27 weeks according to my sources!! I believe we have scans monthly going forward...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meshell not all GP's do shared care, you need to find one who is qualified in pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm public as well but midwife & OB care. Every 4-6 weeks until 28 weeks then every 2-3 weeks until 36 weeks then weekly until delivery.Glucose test at 28-30 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm hoping some one can answer this. I don't have a regular doctor I just see the local medical center I'm booked into the local hospital and my first appointment is on the 9/10/12 as I don't have a regular doc will the hospital just continue to see me or do I have to find a doc to do share care? This is all new to me also I'm 16 wks and have still got no movement is this normal like should I have little flutters ? My 20wk scan is through a privet place not till end of October will the hospital let me here bubbas heart beat as its been awhile

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Simmo - Im almost 17 weeks and haven't felt anything yet. Don't worry!

I can't comment on public as I have never been through the system.. sorry!

anyone else got heartburn? jeepers its bad!!!! I am taking Ranitidine 2x a day (had it since last pregnancy) but its getting out of hand now. don't think i can take 3 a day! ah, the joys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Simmo you need to find a local gp who is a shared cared GP not all GP's are qualified to do it. I'm also surprised the hospital didn't organise your 20 week scan publicly. Don't worry about no movement I'm 16 weeks as well and haven't felt anything. Well I did 2 weeks ago but only because the cat had its foot jammed into my stomach and he is no light weight, nothing since.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Adden my heartburn has been horrendous, Ive also had severe reflux with it. It actually has slowed down in the last 2 weeks but the midwives tell me it will get worse again. They told me to try rennies, ive used many different types and the only thing that settles it at night is a glass of milk and small non spicy meals.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

adden  (24-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The hospital prob will arrange the scan but we have chosen to go via the place that did our 12 wk scan for the great images I really do have a good doc around me well one I trust any way so do I have to do shared care ? I mean I'm happy to see any doctor if I'm not well
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Mrs Simmo you need to find a local gp who is a shared cared GP not all GP's are qualified to do it. I'm also surprised the hospital didn't organise your 20 week scan publicly. Don't worry about no movement I'm 16 weeks as well and haven't felt anything. Well I did 2 weeks ago but only because the cat had its foot jammed into my stomach and he is no light weight, nothing since.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Simmo Im not sure best to ask your gp if he/she can do the shared care