Closed Thread
Page 20 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good Morning Ladies

Wow this thread has moved so quickly over the weekend!!

Congratulations on the amazing pics of scans that came through - Grebbeci & Gampa a girl and Meshell a boy - yaaay! I think it's such an awful thing to feel so much pressure to have either a boy or a girl. In this day and age seriously it really should all be about the health of the baby. Anyone who is 'putting the pressure on' really need a talking to to put them in perspective. All these babies have been so hard to come by - who cares whether it's a boy or girl - it's a miracle!

I know the feeling of growing out of clothes, especially at work - all good signs that bubs is growing though! Stressing about the weight gain again though - I've now put on 14kg and still 2 weeks off half way!! Arrrggghh!!

Eating when pregnant is a minefield really isn't it. I find it so hard to work out what to eat at work if I don't bring lunch - so I'm making an effort this week to make it!

Loving the name suggestions there are some great ones out there. We are going traditional and baby will be named after my MIL or FIL - so Rose for a girl and Orlando for a boy. I came across Eliana last week (Grebbeci I can't believe you said it) which I love for a middle name for a girl (it means God has answered us) and Matteo as a middle name for a boy (which means Gift from God).

If you are wanting a strong name - you can always look up names by meaning.
    Captain Gut is a great one, lol!!!

Also love Lucia (Grebbeci, again we have the same taste in girls names), Grace and Lily. I would definitely name my girl Lily if I had another one called Rose - wouldn't bother me about the bouquet thing.

Can see myself rambling again! Hope you all have a good Monday and good luck with all your scans & appointments this week.

AFM - have been feeling little gas pops and bubbles which I think is baby but haven't felt anything all weekend so now I'm freaking out! Will be 18 weeks tomorrow! Looking forward to our next scan on the 28th!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    SL - Try not to worry about bub's movements, when I was about the 17-18 week mark I occasionally felt the bubbles and pops. And then felt a HUGE roll one day and nothing for about a week and a half after, freaked me out big time.
    I loved the name Eliana originally and then loved it even more once I saw the meaning of it, I thought it was very appropriate. And Lucia is my mums middle name but I have always loved it too.
    I think captain gut will have to go on the shortlist for the next one if it's a boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    SL - Try not to worry about bub's movements, when I was about the 17-18 week mark I occasionally felt the bubbles and pops. And then felt a HUGE roll one day and nothing for about a week and a half after, freaked me out big time.
    I loved the name Eliana originally and then loved it even more once I saw the meaning of it, I thought it was very appropriate. And Lucia is my mums middle name but I have always loved it too.
    I think captain gut will have to go on the shortlist for the next one if it's a boy
    Thanks Grebbeci that makes me feel heaps better! Yeah Eliana is a beautiful name - I've pretty much sold DH on it as a middle name. I found that there aren't too many middle names that go with Rose, but this one sounded gorgeous! For sure Captain Gut would have to be on everyone's shortlist, haha!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Tampa I love the following-
    Ella May
    Lilah Grace (nice if you like lily) also it reminds me of lilac which I think is a pretty colour
    Halle Marie
    Ava jade
    I also like Brooklyn, Allirah, mila, alani, Sierra

I think there are so many pretty girls names how much fun for you choosing!!
    I think rose is a beautiful name and I understand about the bouquet thing

I also like Cruz for a boy but I have just bought a Holden cruze and it will look as though I am naming him after my car lol
    Love Lilah Grace! I love the Lily, Lillian, Lilliana, Lilah names, but DH didn't like. I like the sweet short middle names, probably because our last name is 3 syllables

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a family I know with three lovely little girls, they are called Amber, Lily & Ruby. It didn't worry their mum & Dad to have two 'gems'. I like the names too, I think if you know a child who you really like, you normally like the name. And vice versa for the children you don't particularly like, for instance, I used to like the name Ryan for a boy, but I know this mean little boy called Ryan and now I would never call my child Ryan... boy it must be hard if you're a school teacher!

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL - I agree with Grebbeci, although I'm guilty of exactly the same thing. I get flutters during the day, some thumps & bumps at night, and so far two really strong kicks that have taken my breath away as they were so unexpected. If I don't feel anything for a while I start to worry, but baby needs sleep too! I like how the books say that the baby is more active when you're asleep, as you can 'rock' the baby to sleep when you move around. I think baby is just practising for when it is born to already have reverse sleep patterns

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Della77 View Post
    SL - I agree with Grebbeci, although I'm guilty of exactly the same thing. I get flutters during the day, some thumps & bumps at night, and so far two really strong kicks that have taken my breath away as they were so unexpected. If I don't feel anything for a while I start to worry, but baby needs sleep too! I like how the books say that the baby is more active when you're asleep, as you can 'rock' the baby to sleep when you move around. I think baby is just practising for when it is born to already have reverse sleep patterns
    Glad I'm not the only one - thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

At 18 weeks I felt the odd couple of kicks and movement but just overnite that has all changed and baby is very active prolly just had a growth spurt and I'm 19+6

9. The Following User Says Thank You to queenvee For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (17-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep, I'm down with MS again!
    how does this happen??? feel crappy - DS was up every hour last night. Not crying or coughing, just chatting in his no word chat he does.
    could be that, but I had it yesterday too.
    maybe the heat has brought it on. we finally have sunshine here!
    anyway, not feeling great. no baby kicks here either. I have some flutters at night, but not during the day yet.
    ill stop complaining now - going to try and sleep when DS does, but we have reno's going on. mmm.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 17 weeks today and still waiting to feel something... a couple times I have thought I could feel movement but with my ample padding I think it will be a couple of move weeks till the bubs little legs can be felt through my layers!! lol