Closed Thread
Page 183 of 185 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1844
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    adden, surely they will understand over Christmas??!! GD sounds like such a pain in the butt, I feel for you. But are you controlling it via diet then? rather than shots? Sorry you have probably mentioned it
    thanks.. yeah, diet control at the moment (although my after dinner readings are high too)
    I got quite upset last night. My meal was 1/3 cup brown rice and beef stroganoff (all home made, know exactly went in it) and my levels were really high. I didn't eat much and i was so hungry after the 2 hours and cause my fastings are also high, I can't have dessert. (that normally being something very small anyway, never enough to make me feel full)
    I don't remember the last time I ate enough to be full.
    its getting me down. I have lost more weight, always hungry, feeling weak and hoping to get some answers/solutions today.
    sorry, i seem like all I do is complain on here!
    Im so happy that we are blessed with another little one, but I'm sure this is my last pregnancy. It has not been an easy one for me.
    yeah, chrissy will be interesting. I have to cook for myself cause my mum wants to do the lunch meal. everything she is making I can't eat (nor can my vego brother) and she told me 'not my problem, i didn't choose to get pregnant at christmas time'
    makes me so mad cause I'm doing everything for everyone at the moment and no one cares about me. She told me to suck it up and just eat what i want. she said she did when she was pregnant with me. yeah, i think i care a bit about what I'm eating when we know more now!
    dinner will be better than lunch, but i think i have to make another meal for myself as no one will cater for me.
    my cousins are gluten and nut free (severe on both cases). I try my hardest and make them separate meals when ever they are at my house. I just wish the same consideration was given to me.
    blah, sorry, i rant again.

BF - I did expressed and breast fed with a top up of formula occasionally when i ran out of expressed milk.
    do what ever works for you! its not an easy road and you will learn your baby and your body and what works for you may not be what others recommend!
    its such a learning curve and I'm in it again.. every baby is different - we are all here for support and I hope we are all here when we are stressing about feeding/sleeping!!!!

hope you all have a good day.. ill let you know what my GD dr says!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How exciting Greb! What a wonderful Christmas present!

Adden I agree people should make the effort when you are a guest in their home, I certainly do when I have guests with different dietary requirements!

Was up early to get a work vehicle licensed but they wouldn't do it cause tyres are bald... Such a pain, so now I am waiting for tyres to be changed so I can take back... 2nd last day till retirement... Cone Thursday all this work stuff will be a distant memory!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

adden  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Adden I'm so sorry to hear your having such a bad time. When are you due and what effect is the Gd actually having on you, the preg and bub. If its all too much maybe they can get her early and end your nightmare. About the Chrissy situation. If I was you I would boycott the whole thing and book a nice motel for the night and enjoy it with your immediate family.

Good luck mesh.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DRAGONFLY17 For This Useful Post:

adden  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Omg bananas are killing my throat. Must be stupid cause I keep eating one each day. Doh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    Adden I'm so sorry to hear your having such a bad time. When are you due and what effect is the Gd actually having on you, the preg and bub. If its all too much maybe they can get her early and end your nightmare. About the Chrissy situation. If I was you I would boycott the whole thing and book a nice motel for the night and enjoy it with your immediate family.

Good luck mesh.

that is so tempting! Unfortunately they are all coming here!!!
    I have the big house and the pool - we have 7 for lunch and 35 for dinner! (lunch is my family, dinner DH's family) dinner will be awesome fun.. lunch may not be!
    my mum is a control freak and wants to cook everything, which would be fine if I could eat it! haha
    its ok, ill deal like I always do with her! DH is awesome and he will make sure there is something for me to eat.
    My due date is the 7th March, but I'm going early as it is. Only 9 weeks to go. Ill get there. Really interested/scared about what the Dr says today.
    DH called me from work this morning (he starts at 6am thanks to perth not having daylight savings - thanks!) and he was really worried about me. Apparently i was quite upset last night. Feeling ok today, just wish I could have an easy pregnancy.
    the GD really only affects my eating. I have no other symptoms.. which is good! I think they really worry about me cause I was insulin dependant last time and they worry about transferring Diabetes to the baby and also the size of the baby - and my amniotic fluid levels - too low.
    ill get there. Im a fighter and I'm tough! Pregnancy makes me hormonal and I'm just not used to it! haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    Omg bananas are killing my throat. Must be stupid cause I keep eating one each day. Doh.

are they making it itchy??
    I get that with fruit too!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    are they making it itchy??
    I get that with fruit too!
    No burning. Just fun times with reflux I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews

Question, I posted something and its not coming up in my participated ones. Does anyone know why this? Also how do you delete threats from participated and add ones to favorites.

Thanks
    Reviews
    quick one from me
    My dr was AWESOME!
    she was much more realistic and causal and made me feel good.
    Im on insulin before and after dinner. If I eat a bigger carb lunch, Im allowed to inject before hand so I can enjoy food.
    She said I am to eat chocolate (last dr NEVER would have said that!!!) and snacks are good.
    She was amazed at my weight loss and the lack of food I'm eating! she said I need to relax more and not focus on the numbers so much (hard when thats what I was told first time round!!!)
    Im also allowed pasta/rice and bread! amazing really! I have to send in my BSL's every week and she will adjust the insulin from there.
    for those that know - I'm starting on 4 units of protophane and 4 units of novorapid.
    ah, brings back IVF memories.. although now I have a baby where I need to inject!!!!!!
    praying it all sorts out soon!

Meshell - Im so happy they are monitoring you so well. They sound like they know the risks and your concerns (I'm guessing they said the IVF thing cause they know you have come so far?? just a guess!)
    the cord comment is weird. I guess its just they got a good image and they were amazed??

everyone rest up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep, bigger baby (although DS was 2.4kg?? strange hey!!)
    and they can also be born diabetic. I believe my mum had it in her pregnancy with me which is why I have it now. they didn't test back then and if she didn't watch and be monitored she could have transferred it to me.
    thats why I'm so careful I guess. I don't want to pass it on and now that we know what drs know, I have the power to prevent that.
    yes, I'm excited! I haven't had chocolate in 7 months!!!!!!!