Closed Thread
Page 174 of 185 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1844
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    wow adden - thank you so much for all that info, i had no idea about the carbs/sugar thing. i have no idea how i am going to keep track of all that!

the nurse that rang said my levels weren't too bad (she didn't mention fasting or 2hr though) just that they were 10.3 and 9.7 and should have been under 8?? And that until I can make the class next week just avoid sugary foods/drinks but fruit would be ok which confused me even more!!

Can I ask you and Mrs Simmo as well exactly how you test your levels and how often, I am really clueless on the whole topic!

Do you both have the occasional odd slip up? There is no judgement here about the Coke Zero Adden, my first thought was how will I eat the cake at my baby shower lol
    My fasting levels have to be under 5.0 and as my insulin has been increased at night I have got it under control it sits around 4 which is good then I have to test my levels one hr after meals which have to be under 8.0 I have never had an issue with my day time sugars. As for the slip ups you are allowed every now and then just make sure you still do your levels and note it in your book so it can be seen for the higher readings.
    As for the coke zero thing I have it and its fine my OB said in small doses due to caffeine you can control it its not to bad even if u go on insulin trust me if any thing it's better cos the insulin controls it best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    wow adden - thank you so much for all that info, i had no idea about the carbs/sugar thing. i have no idea how i am going to keep track of all that!

the nurse that rang said my levels weren't too bad (she didn't mention fasting or 2hr though) just that they were 10.3 and 9.7 and should have been under 8?? And that until I can make the class next week just avoid sugary foods/drinks but fruit would be ok which confused me even more!!

Can I ask you and Mrs Simmo as well exactly how you test your levels and how often, I am really clueless on the whole topic!

Do you both have the occasional odd slip up? There is no judgement here about the Coke Zero Adden, my first thought was how will I eat the cake at my baby shower lol
    I test with a BSL monitor (they will go through what you need to get at your appt - don't buy ANYTHING till you have a NDSS card!)
    I test 4 times a day - fasting and after each main meal

Your levels are a little high - I'm surprised they said borderline - not to scare you, but to let you know you MAY be monitored a bit closely.
    I was 8.4 at my 2 hour (meant to be under 8) and I'm still classified as GDM

i try and not slip up! in all honesty, it was so hard for me to get pregnant and I don't want anything to happen to my little bean thats in my control!
    I had cake at DS's bday party but I had no carbs for lunch or dinner.
    Its all monitored and you learn what you can and can't eat.

I had my OB appt yesterday and I have to go to a GD dr (luckily a new one!! wooo hoo!!!!!) but the bad news is my fasting levels are high, so looks like insulin again for me
    very upset cause of all the hard work I'm doing

I have also lost half a kg!
    how???
    insane! But apparently baby is growing just fine! - I'm not overweight, so I'm very surprised i lost weight and he isn't concerned!!!
    down to 65kg's and I'm not short!
    anyways, baby is fine and lovely to see her wave to me on the ultrasound - OB said she looked very regal - slow, regal movements

thinking of all of you today.. not long to go now!!!

Grebbeci - at least you are being looked after. Im so happy they are monitoring you so closely. and I'm so happy you get to rest and not have to worry about stupid housework and cooking!
    Sux being in for christmas, but they will make such a fuss of you.. will be a chrissy you NEVER forget!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    My fasting levels have to be under 5.0 and as my insulin has been increased at night I have got it under control it sits around 4 which is good then I have to test my levels one hr after meals which have to be under 8.0 I have never had an issue with my day time sugars. As for the slip ups you are allowed every now and then just make sure you still do your levels and note it in your book so it can be seen for the higher readings.
    As for the coke zero thing I have it and its fine my OB said in small doses due to caffeine you can control it its not to bad even if u go on insulin trust me if any thing it's better cos the insulin controls it best of luck
    thats funny - i have to test 2 hours after meals and it has to be under 7
    I guess its the same thing right?
    My fasting has been around 6 - so thats why I'm going on insulin too. Cant wait to have normal readings!
    My day time is fine and night is hit and miss cause Im finding it really hard to stay up 2 hours after dinner! if we eat at 7.45 I have to stay up till 9.45 - never happens!!!!!!
    glad you are all under control mrs simmo - gives me hope that it will be ok for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Need to vent... get this... my MIL stood next to me last night and read our mail... she actually picked it up turned it over and had a good read! So tense right now!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Need to vent... get this... my MIL stood next to me last night and read our mail... she actually picked it up turned it over and had a good read! So tense right now!
    OMG how rude its something my MIL would do

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    thats funny - i have to test 2 hours after meals and it has to be under 7
    I guess its the same thing right?
    My fasting has been around 6 - so thats why I'm going on insulin too. Cant wait to have normal readings!
    My day time is fine and night is hit and miss cause Im finding it really hard to stay up 2 hours after dinner! if we eat at 7.45 I have to stay up till 9.45 - never happens!!!!!!
    glad you are all under control mrs simmo - gives me hope that it will be ok for me!
    U will be fine I just realized you have been the one I ask questions too lol I started to tell you how to control your levels when you would know lol are u only on night insulin
    Last edited by mrs simmo; 13-12-2012 at 12:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amy that is so rude, no wonder you are fuming!

I'm so bored at work at the moment, counting down the days as it is but all "the boys" have gone out to lunch this afternoon and left me alone, the peace is nice but there is nothing to do yet I have to stay until they get back!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Sorry girls but man I'm glad I don't have gd.

Meshell, glad you are feeling better today. I will agree with Dr google that everything I have heard and read says that cord around neck in utero is not dangerous, its just dangerous for delivery.

Ob came by this morning and said she may look at delivering bubs next Thursday, when I hit 37 weeks. Kind of nervous, but excited all at the same time. If she decides to deliver next week they will give me steroid injections early next week. Their lungs are developed at 37 weeks but with a c-section sometimes they are a bit stunned and when being delivered early the steroids can help with then getting over that

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow Grebbeci!! you could be meeting your bub next week! And it will have its first Christmas this year! I am so thankful that we are all living in a world where modern medicine has got us to where we are and will keep us on the right track!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post

Ohhh I so know that feeling!!!! - just a question- did you stare her down or did you say that's private bug off, or just ignore it,...... I always ask myself when my very much intrusive domineering rude and pushy MIL reads my mail - would your mother do to??? Or would your friends do it???? If not tell her off, . I'm really sensitive about MIL at mo so I don't out up with any s###t. I reckon if I'd have put a stop to it at the beginning then I wouldn't be in the situation I am at the moment. My marriage is strained as my DH is angry I don't love his mum the way he does, he supports his mummy over me and can't rand up to her - sites cultural reason why - says Asian boys respect their mums and they can't say no..... Doesn't wash well with me.

My Asian mother in law actually went so far as to say when my DD was born " the reason why your daughter is sick is because you failed at breast feeding" - and my husband wonders why I hate her????v- doh

For the record my little DD had severe severe reflux- ended up at westmead children's hospital for 5 days with failure to thrive, nasogastric feeding etc.vbreast feeding was not possible as breast milk was too thin. I expressed for 6 months, added thickener, oneprazole, mylanta and domperidone to all her feeds for a year. Was exhausting- so much so I got postnatal depression...not happy memories but now my DD is 4 and the best little girl in the world - love her to bits and oh so cute - it was worth it!!!