Closed Thread
Page 172 of 185 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1844
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    thanks for the support ladies and the advice adden - are carbs a no no now?? i love carbs!!
    Hi Crafty
    Yep.. bad news is carbs convert to sugar - therefore are harder than pure sugar to convert (and they take longer)
    For me - I can have 1/3 cup cooked rice (brown) without effecting my levels too bad (yep - 1/3 cup! I always measure!!)
    I have cereal (muesli) with yoghurt for bfast
    I can have a sandwich for lunch (hamburger/salad/tuna etc) and my levels are ok (just check the carbs in the bread - not over 25gms for 2 slices otherwise its bad news!)
    dinner - best is tacos (1 -2 shells are ok) just load up on meat
    meat will be your friend - no carbs/sugar at all!!
    BBQ's are great!
    drinks suck. water, water or water
    I am sitting here with a coke zero (don't judge me!!! i hate the stuff, but water is soooooo boring!!!) some herbal teas are ok too
    try and avoid fake sugar (sugar free foods - like yoghurt too) when you can otherwise you will eat too much of it.
    dessert - skinny cow or frozen yoghurt (if you can stay awake past the 2 hours after dinner to eat it!)
    avoid fruit (and fruit juice) as they are loaded with sugar

sorry - an essay again
    i don't mean to be down - its really hard work to manage - keep at it though cause we don't want our babies born with it!

what were your fasting and 2 hour levels Crafty??
    a dietician may be a good investment for you? just to chat to someone who knows more than me!

Im off to OB in an hour or so, so I'm hoping to have some more answers about why my sugars are all over the place

Im scared ill have to go to this GD dr again. If youare in perth you may have seen him on the news. He is against IVF as older women are more likely to get GD.. i didn't get along with him much at all

anyways, let me know if you want any more 'advice'. not sure i know much sometimes though!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Ok we'll ill ask my OB next time if he can see anything, I'm a worrier about the cord!

Thanks
    Reviews

Ok we'll ill ask my OB next time if he can see anything, I'm a worrier about the cord!

Thanks
    Reviews

Meshell I would not cope in your situation, I'm sure they are being cautious and very vigilant looking after bubs. It's hard thinking you need a C/S but we didn't come this far not being strong women. At the end of the day a healthy baby is all we want. On a lighter note your poor vag gets spared!

Thanks
    Reviews

http://tensaustralia.com/freeMomTens.asp

Hi guys,above is a link to hire a TENS machine if you want one for labor. Machine is posted out to you with a return envelope to pop it in the mail when you are done. This machine is recommended by calm birth midwives. There is also some rebate from health insurance providers. Normal time to rent is from 37 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Hi all,

Ive been reading all the posts but been a bit preoccupied as I've had an awful few weeks arguing with DH! Over his mother issues. It's been really stressful.

However broom I think you were mentioning about pressures put on you by family when your little one is here. I totally sympathise and agree with everyone - put your foot down , remember its about you and your little one. You'll never get the time back. My DH is Asian so has an overbearing family +++ and they put immense pressure in me when baby was born to go out to yum cba after yum cha, meal after meal, endless pressures of visiting, I even remember having to breast feed in a dirty public stairwell exhausted because his family wanted to go out and eat. I'm not the kind of person to whip out my boob in front of others so needed privacy. I should have said no I can't come, but there was immense pressure by my DH and his family ". But my cousins come over from KL just to see the first grandchild" and made me feel quilty. To be honest I should have said p##ss off but didn't have the guts. However I regret it now soooo sooo much. The whole thing exhausted me and led to feeding and sleep issues. My in laws would often wake the baby up to cuddle - I should have said no, but let them, as a results we ended up not getting our DD to sleep thru the night to 18months!! ( imagine 18 months of no more than 4 hours Ina row - so hard). it's now caused a huge rift between me and his family in particular his mum that is eating away at our marriage. I'm so angry at their behaviour and find it hard to forgive. If only I'd said - I'm really tired today - perhaps visit next week.... Please broom for your own sanity decided what limits you are prepared to tolerate and stick to them. For example - visiting only between 9-11am, no cuddling unless baby is awake etc.... If you put the rules down at the start you won't be stepped all over.

Does anyone else have a cross cultural marriage?? My husband is Asian and their values are so different to mine.....in particular involvement of his mum in our lives...
    My sister is married to a Chinese guy, they used to live 5 min around the corner, she had the same problem when 1st bub was born (and issues before) things settled a bit when no 2 arrived, they also moved 20 min away. Marriage was definitely affected.
    I'm married to an Indian, his parents have only just started talking to me since they found out I was pregnant ( we even married without telling them they were so against me being Caucasian,) this is our constant marriage challenge, fortunately they still live in India but its always going to be a major problem.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    Hi ladies! Have just caught up on all the posts, I think it's great we have each other to vent to, there is a lot more understanding that's for sure as we are all in the same situation!

Ive just gotten my GTT results back, not good news unfortunately they were positive. Apparently not by much but enough!

Is there any hints from te other ladies that have it as to how best to handle it and what exactly the monitoring involves. I didn't get much info out of the nurse who called and can't make it to an educational class's until next week.
    It's really your diet to control you sugars I'm on night time insulin as my fasting levels are the issue where my after meals are fine all you need to do its cut the sugars our of your diet and lower your meal sizes also cut down on carbs it's not fun

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow just read today's posts, sorry to hear things have gone downhill for some. Now I'm wondering if I might ask for scan, what's the point in not knowing if cord is around neck until half way through labor?? Meshell- thank goodness you had a scan!
    My post of TENS machine would have looked insensitive for those who now know they need c sect. I guess it will be good to have some time to digest your new paths in the pregnancy. Best of luck, I guess things are going to start popping up for all of us now.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Hi all had a scan today just because doctor referred me to it to ensure all is well with baby started the day on a high. Then went rapidly down hill baby has cord wrapped around his neck and they will not lemme have natural delivery so I am in for a csect at 38 weeks I always had feeling baby would come early though I didn't think it would be due to high risk. I've spent most of day in tears and doctors appointments I've always said for doctors to just deliver baby in healthiest way possible but I never assumed that I would end up high risk with a csect. As long as baby comes out healthy I don't care x
    Oh Meshell that sucks I hope you are ok x as you said as long as little man is healthy and safe that's the main thing so when will you be booked in oh god I have a scan next wk for growth I'm mega scared now head up chick ox

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh mesh and greb scary scary times for you both. As the others said, as long as bubs and you are fine, that is all that matters xxx