Closed Thread
Page 170 of 185 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1844
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    Anyone else getting really bad reflux? Do you think it means bubs may Greg it too? Hope not
    Yes I have just started! For the past 4 days I have been waking up at about 3am with it... not fun! I don't reckon it will affect bub...

Sorry about the Inlaws Gampa, they need to respect you and the baby, my MIL is overbearing but not that bad, it will be interesting to see what she is like with bub... she lives about 12 hours from us so I won't have to see her everyweek so should be able to cope with overbearing in small bursts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nala re the fish - I will have a look on google today too and see what I can find aswell.

Reflux - yes! Getting it worse now although last time I saw OB he gave me prescription for Losec which has helped - not getting woken up with it though.

Starting to have a more restless sleep as I get more uncomfortable - lots of tossing and turning but otherwise fine.

Gampa I'm sorry for your situation. I married into an Italian family and at times I find the cultural difference a little difficult but it's not too bad. I love my in-laws to pieces and they have helped us out so much. They live locally - about 5-6kms away and we see them I would say usually 2-3 times a week. The only problem that I have is that my MIL expects me to call her all the time and she brings it up all the time why don't you call, you never call, if I didn't call you you would never call me. It upsets me because my parents live overseas so I don't get to see them / speak to them nowhere near as often as I see my in-laws. If it gets to the point where it starts to be constant I'll tell my DH to tell her to back off a little bit. My DH is very close to his parents and his 2 sisters and I love that about him as I know he will always look out for our family first - but can certainly be overbearing at times - just typing out a rant here sorry! Nowhere near your situation though Gampa - your DH really needs to understand a bit more (easier said than done I know). I am so looking forward to having this little person enter our world and I know that the family will be over and calling and seeing us all the time but at least when DH goes back to work I will have some control and our situation won't change too much. I'm going to make the effort to see one of my SILs at least once a week by myself and my MIL probably once or twice but the rest of the time will be me and bubs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3

Hi girls I have a full day of antenatal classes today! Just finished breast feeding which was really informative. This afternoon I have a labour class just in case the Placenta Previa moves and I don't have to have a C/S.

SL my husband and I go fishing together well used to until we sold our boat to pay for IVF lol, yes DH was happy about that! I'm not a big fish eater, but the best fish to buy for you would be Whiting Fillets (my fav, really lovely white fillets) or Flathead Fillets. I usually cook them in a non greasy way, coat them in a plain flour, salt & pepper mix or if you like a bit of spice add a little chilli and just pan fry them without much oil or butter. You can also grill or steam. If you like greasy buy some pre made beer batter from the supermarket or you can make it yourself with soda water or beer, there will be many google recipes. The key is don't overcook fish it will go dry, they only need a few minutes on each side. If the flesh has gone white/translucent on both sides its cooked. I also love Smoked Salmon and is a great oily fish full of the stuff we need for baby but we can't eat it!

Nala I've had reflux right through my pregnancy, it's horrible to the point food comes back up and burns my throat/mouth. I may have it worse because I have Fructose Malabsorbtion but OB tells me it is very normal because the esophagus cannot contract the contents as efficiently because of the relaxin hormone. I asked for a prescription which I got but she said no medication is better as the research does suggest its better not to have anything. She suggested over the counter Rennie which are chewable, I find they help. I often wonder if my baby will have reflux, I'm sure she probably will have Fructose Malabsorbtion as my Mum has it, as I do and many other relatives of mine. I will not eat overpowering windy foods such as Onion, Garlic etc as I find these are triggers. I know they will be passed in my breast milk so I will be steering clear of the windy type foods, which could trigger reflux in baby.

The last few days of conversation has been interesting in regards to other people holding baby etc. I will be passing baby around, I've seen first hand how not passing baby around can result in baby having severe separation anxiety and also result in mum being overly stressed because she doesn't get a break. I was a very shy child and hope I can help my baby to be a little more outgoing than myself, within reason. Having said that you never know how things can change until the baby is born, but I hope I'm not overly protective.

MrsOpt I'm going great, have a full day next week of OB app, Glucose test and Ultrasound so I will find out if the PP has moved. Hopefully it has and I can go away after Christmas, (i really need a break, its been such a turbulent year) but OB is being very adamant it probably won't move and she doesn't want me going anywhere! Hope all is well with you this afternoon, I'll be waiting to read how you go
    Last edited by kmvw; 12-12-2012 at 11:31.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (12-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Have just caught up on all the posts, I think it's great we have each other to vent to, there is a lot more understanding that's for sure as we are all in the same situation!

Ive just gotten my GTT results back, not good news unfortunately they were positive. Apparently not by much but enough!

Is there any hints from te other ladies that have it as to how best to handle it and what exactly the monitoring involves. I didn't get much info out of the nurse who called and can't make it to an educational class's until next week.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh that's not good crafty! I hope it's not major and you can enjoy your pregnancy without insulin. :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Hi girls I have a full day of antenatal classes today! Just finished breast feeding which was really informative. This afternoon I have a labour class just in case the Placenta Previa moves and I don't have to have a C/S.

SL my husband and I go fishing together well used to until we sold our boat to pay for IVF lol, yes DH was happy about that! I'm not a big fish eater, but the best fish to buy for you would be Whiting Fillets (my fav, really lovely white fillets) or Flathead Fillets. I usually cook them in a non greasy way, coat them in a plain flour, salt & pepper mix or if you like a bit of spice add a little chilli and just pan fry them without much oil or butter. You can also grill or steam. If you like greasy buy some pre made beer batter from the supermarket or you can make it yourself with soda water or beer, there will be many google recipes. The key is don't overcook fish it will go dry, they only need a few minutes on each side. If the flesh has gone white/translucent on both sides its cooked. I also love Smoked Salmon and is a great oily fish full of the stuff we need for baby but we can't eat it!

Nala I've had reflux right through my pregnancy, it's horrible to the point food comes back up and burns my throat/mouth. I may have it worse because I have Fructose Malabsorbtion but OB tells me it is very normal because the esophagus cannot contract the contents as efficiently because of the relaxin hormone. I asked for a prescription which I got but she said no medication is better as the research does suggest its better not to have anything. She suggested over the counter Rennie which are chewable, I find they help. I often wonder if my baby will have reflux, I'm sure she probably will have Fructose Malabsorbtion as my Mum has it, as I do and many other relatives of mine. I will not eat overpowering windy foods such as Onion, Garlic etc as I find these are triggers. I know they will be passed in my breast milk so I will be steering clear of the windy type foods, which could trigger reflux in baby.

The last few days of conversation has been interesting in regards to other people holding baby etc. I will be passing baby around, I've seen first hand how not passing baby around can result in baby having severe separation anxiety and also result in mum being overly stressed because she doesn't get a break. I was a very shy child and hope I can help my baby to be a little more outgoing than myself, within reason. Having said that you never know how things can change until the baby is born, but I hope I'm not overly protective.

MrsOpt I'm going great, have a full day next week of OB app, Glucose test and Ultrasound so I will find out if the PP has moved. Hopefully it has and I can go away after Christmas, (i really need a break, its been such a turbulent year) but OB is being very adamant it probably won't move and she doesn't want me going anywhere! Hope all is well with you this afternoon, I'll be waiting to read how you go
    Why can't you eat salmon? as in you personally or pregnant women?

Thanks
    Reviews

I am sure you can if it is cooked/hot - maybe just not the cold smoked salmon in the packets? Although i buy the smoked salmon from the fridge and steam or microwave it..?

Thanks
    Reviews

I think it's just smoked salmon while pregnant. I eat trash salmon cooked, love it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Fresh not trash!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor thing Meshell, not what you need but at least it you and your doctor have a plan of attack... does that mean you only have 6 weeks to wait to meet you're little one?